DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Alarm fields modification

• 1.  Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 13, 2014 12:08 PM

Hi,

I have a unique requirement. We need to modify some of the alarm fields i.e.

1) Can we define what kind of values be there in custom field1 that is suppose if a alert comes node1 which is at A location so it should give locationA in customfield1 by default ?

2) Can we modify data types in nimsoft as it is causing problem for alarm field mapping in sngtw ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Chatrath

• 2.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 13, 2014 12:55 PM

Hi,

1) You can modify the custom fields with nas PP and nas AO profiles usually. You can also do it manually from consoles, through nas-callbacks etc. Have a look at http://forum.nimsoft.com/t5/CA-Nimsoft-NMS-Tutorials/Basic-Alarm-manipulation-using-NAS-LUA-Scripts/ba-p/22417

2) I guess you're talking about the structure inside the alarm PDS. You can't affect that as far as I know.. Wouldn't go there myself in any case :smileytongue:. Not familiar with the sngtw probe though..

-jon

• 3.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 13, 2014 01:12 PM

Hi John,

Thanks for your reply.

As i have integrated with service now and to pass the value to servicenow ,if i do  it manually then i need to dedicatedly assign a person to update the field., assuming update soap action will update this custom field.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav chatrath

• 4.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 13, 2014 01:49 PM

only one of the options was manually  though, which was through consoles. all the other methods are automagick

• 5.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 14, 2014 03:16 PM

Using the alarm enrichment you may be able to set the fields you need the info would have to be stored in a db somewhere.

• 6.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 18, 2014 02:29 PM

Hi Neal,

I went on alarm_enrichment probe pdf which says that any change can be only using raw configure probe on nas probe.

When i right click on any probe i couldn't find raw configure as an option.

Can you guide me how do i see raw configure on any probe ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Chatrath

• 7.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 18, 2014 03:16 PM

Hold down Left CTRL key before rightclicking on the probe.... you'll then see RawConfigure instead of Configure

• 8.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 18, 2014 02:08 PM

Hi ,

I went through the article provided by you.

The problem is i don't have tdumper.lua script.

Can you provide me with the script so i can try that solution ?

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Chatrath

• 9.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 18, 2014 07:48 PM

The tdump() function was provided in that article. If you want it in a file named tdumper.lua, you should be able to save it there.

• 10.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 19, 2014 08:07 AM

Hi,

I was going through the article and then i wrote the script in nas as suggested and run and hit to a problem. The problem is using this command  a=alarm.get"abcd(NNMID)" only passes NNMID, i want to source or target. I am trying to find the alerts using source and then add the custom field as suggested. The issue is i need to add NNMID everytime manual to change and then add custom field accordingly.  There are many locations possible.

I also try to read the table  for newbies script, in that if i dump tdump(variable) in the tdeumper script. It is giving an error stating attempt to call global tdump. Can you help me with that.

Thanks and Regards,

Gaurav Chatrath 

• 11.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 19, 2014 05:23 PM

Instead of the alarm.get() function, use the alarm.list() function. Then you can specify a different field other than nimid.

The error for attempt to call global tdump means that you have not defined the tdump() function before trying to call it.

• 12.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 22, 2014 11:04 AM

Also suggest checking out nas guide, it has appending detailing all (well at least most) nas functions. Here's an excerpt from it to help with Keith's good suggestion:

alarm.list ( [Field, Value [, Value…]] )
    Returns an array of table elements containing alarm data. Will, if used with the field and value(s) parameters, filter the result set according to the user criteria. Use the column name for your field and one or more match strings. The % is used as the wildcard character. E.g alarm.list ("hostname","%xp%") returns alarms for all hostnames with ’xp’ in them. These records are extracted from the NAS_ALARMS table.

You might also use alarm.query

-jon

• 13.  Re: Alarm fields modification

Posted Mar 24, 2014 07:46 AM

Hi ,

Thanks for the reply. That was a big help

Thanks and regards,

Gaurav Chatrath