DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UMP 2.61

Posted Mar 20, 2012 06:10 PM

We recently upgraded to UMP 2.6.1 from UMP 2.1.2 and I have a couple of questions.

When I log in to ump with my user credentials I am unable to see the Unified Dashboards.  I do not see that as a portlet to add.  When I log in as administrator by default it is already there.  My user account currently has the same rights as the admin account.  How can I add this?

When creating reports using the Performance Reports Designer, how can I create multiple graphs?  Previously we were using the Report Engine to create our custom reports.  This would allow you to create multiple graphs.

We didnt use UMP 2.1.2 much before due to performance issues so UMP is pretty much new to us.

• 2.  Re: UMP 2.61

Posted Mar 20, 2012 06:16 PM

The Unified Dashboards are just default pages that have been added to the UMP and each include a few List Viewer portlets. You can create the same "dashboards" manually by adding the List Viewer porlets to pages and configuring them to load the same list views. I think you could get your user to pick up the new default UMP page layout by deleting it from the UMP (not from NMS) and then signing in again. It may also be possible to export the list views from the administrator user into a LAR file and then importing the LAR file into your user. Unless you need to save changes you have already made to your layout, I think deleting the users from the UMP would be simpler.

I think the options to add a row or a graph to the existing row in the PRD appear as icons on the right edge of the graph. The tooltips should be able to tell you which is which.

• 3.  Re: UMP 2.61

Posted Mar 21, 2012 05:28 PM

I am able to add extra graphs buy choosing the icon.  When I open as pdf the graphs are small.  Previously in Report Engine when you add multiple graphs and you view them, each graph is a pretty big size and easy to read.  Now they are smaller and compressed to fit the screen.  Any idea how to fix this?  I'll try and attach a screenshot so its easier to see what I'm talking about.

• 4.  Re: UMP 2.61

Posted Mar 21, 2012 05:33 PM

I don't believe there is any setting to graph size as it just tries to fit all reports on 1 screen.  How does it look if you have the scheduler send it via email as I thought the size of these where fine and I had a report that had 4 different graphs on it.

• 5.  Re: UMP 2.61

Posted Mar 22, 2012 08:14 PM

I used the scheduler to send it out but the graphs are too compressed as it groups them together to fit on the screen.  I'm trying to create a montly report that requires 3 graphs.  I was hoping of a way each graph would be stacked on top of the other with each being the same size as if I were to only create one report.

• 6.  Re: UMP 2.61
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 22, 2012 09:46 PM

Have you tried changing the height of the PRD portlet? I think it should be adjustable and might lead to bigger graphs.

• 7.  Re: UMP 2.61

Posted Mar 22, 2012 11:57 PM

There is a button to add a row as well as a graph row will give you whole new row whole report may still be same size though as I have not tested,  I have a report with 2 rows and it fits on one page I figure 3 will probably just make all of them smaller to fit on one page.

• 8.  Re: UMP 2.61

Posted Mar 30, 2012 06:53 PM

Thanks Keithk, I was able to change the hight size which now looks a lot better.

• 9.  Re: UMP 2.61

Posted Mar 20, 2012 06:18 PM

When creating reports using the Performance Reports Designer, how can I create multiple graphs? If I understand your question, not sure I do, does clicking the "add chart" icon in the PRD get you what you want? It's located on the right side of the screen in the window you drap target's into.

• 10.  Re: UMP 2.61

Posted Mar 20, 2012 08:08 PM

Hi Dale, 

The original configuration has been carried forward (without the new unified views),  The easiest way to see these is to create a new user and login with this user to get the new views.  With the new user you can export their lar file (or use the default one provided: $Nimsoft\probes\service\wasp\webapps\ROOT\WEB-INF\classes\default_user_private_nms.lar), and import this over your existing user's configuration.  Note, that any pages/tabs with the same name as those in the default lar file will be overwritten.  So as always, it's recommended to export your existing lar file as a backup.

Regards,

Ryan