Hi all folks,
I try to determine the WebView usage via the "APM Introscope|APM.WebView" Metric "WebView:Active Browser Count".
In general it seems to me this is a easy way to see the number of connected users/brower, but some WebView systems report a value with -1 or -3.
To get the number of connected workstation user I use "Custom Metric Host (Virtual)|Custom Metric Process (Virtual)|Custom Metric Agent (Virtual)" Metric "Enterprise Manager\|Connections:Number of Workstations" in the past.
But in general I can't find a way to count the users in itself.
is this a reasonable way to cont the user/usage.
Thanks for any hint,
Adding Guenter_Grossberger musma03 KulbirNijjer
I was unable to find any details on Active Browser Count and negative values. One of these three people may be able to provide more information on the best way to do what you want to do.
I've come across negative value in the past with version 8.x and 9.x. I never got a clear cut answer from CA on what contributes to portraying negative values. I think it's a bug. I don't know if I can dig up a support case I opened up with CA Support but I will try.
What version of Webview you are using ?
I have seen this issue with 9.6 version at a customer site and appears to be fixed with 9.7 or higher Webview.
Even I have seen negative values when I do webview monitoring. I was thinking to raise it but Lutz has raised it.
Any idea why is this happening?
I find negative values on some Introscope 9.5.2 EMs.
On my Introscope 10.1.0 EM, I can't find a negative value, but this is one EM for testing only and in general the counters in the Introscope 9.5.2 EMs are positive.
Nice to know this is a fixed problem,
I spent some time to test this with Introscope 10.1.0 and I got a "-1" for the Active Browsers Count.
The only thing I do in a disordered way, I close my Browser without an logout on the one hand and on the other I open a second Browser to open Webview again and do a logout in both Browser WebView sessions.
After doing this some times I login to the WebView and "WebView:Active Browser Count" is "0" (see the hardcopy).
And the history seems to me was a negative value, like "-1".
Have a nice weekend,