DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Which nas ao-profile fires ?

Posted Jul 08, 2011 09:15 AM

Hi!

Is there a chance to see which AO Profile "fires" if a Message comes in? Not in realtime, there I would increase the Debuglevel, but afterwards w/o Loglevel 2 ?

Or perhaps some hidden loglevel, well not so hidden if posted here :-), which is configured by raw config, which shows the AO-Profile stuff.

Just running in a problem, where I got 2 of an alarm, so 2 rules seems to be hitting that mesg, for one I know, but the second,. .. dunno know, so a log would be helpfull, or something else, with out all that other loglevel 2 stuff

cheers

Matthias

• 2.  Re: Which nas ao-profile fires ?

Posted Jul 08, 2011 04:19 PM

log level 1 usually tells what is hitting such as a script of ao profile.  For ao profiles you can set a order as well and to have it not go any futher if it hits one ao profile.

• 3.  Re: Which nas ao-profile fires ?
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 08, 2011 04:36 PM

There is an activity log in the AO that might show you what you need. If you right click on an AO profile, you can select View Activity. I do not think any activity logging is enabled by default, so you may need to click the Preferences button in the activity viewer to start logging the actions you want to check.

-Keith

• 4.  Re: Which nas ao-profile fires ?

Posted Jul 11, 2011 07:05 PM

Hi!

Yeah... thats it!

Where does the nas put that information, in its own little sql-lite, heheh dont tell me the network transaction-logging fetches that also?

Any Impacts if running permanent or better only switching on just for debugging?

cheers

Matthias

• 5.  Re: Which nas ao-profile fires ?

Posted Jul 11, 2011 07:13 PM

Matthias,

It looks like that information goes into the NAS_ACTIVITY_LOG table, which I think is in the database.db file.

I am not sure if you would have any problems if you leave activity logging on permanently. I think I have run with at least some aspects of it enabled all the time, and I have not noticed any issues. That probably depends on the volume of alarms that fire AO profiles, of course.

-Keith

• 6.  Re: Which nas ao-profile fires ?

Posted Jul 11, 2011 08:18 PM

Hi Keith,

thanks for the information..... I will switch it on for debug purposes, propably better :-)

cheers

Matthias