Clarity

• 1.  CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2015 05:29 PM

In versions 14.1 and 14.2 you may notice that you no longer have an Adjust Button available on some posted timesheets.

This is because you have either one or more tasks or Other Work entries which are no longer open for time entry.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Submit a timesheet against 3 different investments

2. Post the timesheet

3. Close the time entry for one of the task in one of the investments.

4. Go back to the timesheet you posted and try adjusting it (using ADJUST Button)

Expected Result:

Timesheet can be adjusted for the 2 investments which have their tasks still Open for Time Entry.

Actual Result:

The adjust button is missing and the user is not able to adjust the timesheet for any task even if they are Open for Time Entry.

Work Around:

Open the Task for Time Entry, make adjustments, close the Task for Time Entry.

This change is a result of updates done to prevent timesheet adjustments to financially closed projects. 

The issue has been documented as CLRT-77024 and is scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming release.

• 2.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Posted Jul 14, 2015 06:13 PM

Thanks for sharing this tip with the community Liz!

Liz Williamson wrote:

In versions 14.1 and 14.2 you may notice that you no longer have an Adjust Button available on some posted timesheets.

This is because you have either one or more tasks or Other Work entries which are no longer open for time entry.

Steps to Reproduce:

1. Submit a timesheet against 3 different investments

2. Post the timesheet

3. Close the time entry for one of the task in one of the investments.

4. Go back to the timesheet you posted and try adjusting it (using ADJUST Button)

Expected Result:

Timesheet can be adjusted for the 2 investments which have their tasks still Open for Time Entry.

Actual Result:

The adjust button is missing and the user is not able to adjust the timesheet for any task even if they are Open for Time Entry.

Work Around:

Open the Task for Time Entry, make adjustments, close the Task for Time Entry.

This change is a result of updates done to prevent timesheet adjustments to financially closed projects.

The issue has been documented as CLRT-77024 and is scheduled to be fixed in an upcoming release.

• 3.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 14, 2015 08:15 PM

Hi Liz, Thanks for sharing this. Just to add a little more with this, the work around is not applicable for Indirect Time Entries as its not tagged with any investment/task and hence you cannot open it for time entry. This is fixed in 14.2 patch 3. Thanks, Jerin

• 4.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Posted Jul 15, 2015 01:37 AM

Thank you, Liz and Jerin for this useful info

Regards

NJ

• 5.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Posted Nov 23, 2015 01:26 PM

We are running into this in Patch 4 on 14.2, so maybe didn't quite make it into Patch 3?

• 6.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2015 02:08 PM

Hi JennRinella,

You could be running into a intended change, have a look at this article I published http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1234693.aspx

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 7.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Posted Nov 23, 2015 02:12 PM

Thanks Suman,

I'm already in the chain that explains that and one of the previous comments in line is that this is fixed in Patch 3 for 14.2. However we are seeing it on Patch 4 for 14.2, so which patch number is CLRT-77024 really fixed in?

This is going to cause issues for customers that have auto task close processes that trigger on no remaining ETCs.

Jenn

• 8.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2015 02:22 PM

Hi Jenn,

Just checked it is fixed in Patch 3, I would like to have the clear steps by which you are facing the issue and take it from there. Please raise a support case and we will work with you.

Regards

Suman Pramanik

• 9.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2015 06:43 PM

Jenn,

I tested this on 14.2 patch 4 with one project 2 tasks.  I closed time entry on one task and could still adjust the timesheet but only edit the task that was not closed.

How many tasks are on the time sheet?  They are not Other Work are they?

Liz Williamson

Sr. Support Engineer

CA Technologies | 5465 Legacy Drive Suite 700 | Plano, TX 75024-3106

Office +1 888-5500-6458 | Liz.Williamson@ca.com<mailto:Liz.Williamson@ca.com>

<http://www.ca.com/>        <https://www.facebook.com/CATechnologies>  <http://twitter.com/CAInc>  <http://www.linkedin.com/company/1372?goback=.cps_1244823420724_1>

• 10.  Re: CA PPM Tuesday Tip: What Happened to the Adjust Button On My Timesheet?

Posted Nov 24, 2015 04:42 PM

I believe an item still to be addressed is when you are assigned to (say) 3 projects, the 2 that are on the timesheet are closed, and the 1 that is open is not on the posted timesheet.

In that event, you should still be able to Adjust the timesheet so you can add the time to the 3rd project as new time entries (the entries to the 2 closed projects would be presented read-only), but are not presently able to do so.

If you check Namita's posts in this Idea at alludes to this (not that this is or should be an idea, but just the discussion about the functionality expectation): Missing Adjust button with V14.2/V14.3

The reference relating to that is: CLRT-79149 Adjust Button Not available in the timesheet when the project is closed for time entry

It is being targeted to be fixed, but hasn't been included in 14.2 patch 3 or any higher one available yet.

That is different to CLRT-77024 though, which does carry a fix for it in 14.2 patch 3, so this other issue (CLRT-79149) may not apply to Jenn or else Jenn has another setup or vector for allowing the issue to remain uncorrected by the fix.