DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Monitoring HL7 ADT

Posted Aug 30, 2013 07:03 PM

I work in a healthcare environment and I'm being asked if NimSoft has the capability to monitor HL7 interfaces.  I've checked and it doesn't look like there's a probe for that, but would like feedback from the forum before I tell them no.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Monitoring HL7 ADT

Posted Sep 05, 2013 07:17 PM

The best way is with the logmon or disscan probes. I used to work in a healthcare environment and we used to logmon/discan probes to monitor errors, queues, and file updates. If the application analyst can provide the correct format or information that is half the battle. Also, if you have AS400's (we did) logmon WILL NOT read HL7 files on this system, you will have to get a programmer to convert to files to text. Does that help?

• 3.  Re: Monitoring HL7 ADT

Posted Sep 06, 2013 01:53 AM
    That helped. Thank you.

• 4.  Re: Monitoring HL7 ADT

Posted May 09, 2014 04:23 PM

One thing we have had sucess with is using the sql_response to query the AS400 files - as long as the IBM Iseries Access for Windows is loaded on the system where sql_response probe is installed and an ODBC connection is defined there for connection to the AS400. 

You can then set the sql_response config to use the ODBC connection and then query the specific file for the error codes.  This is not 'offically' supported and you may be limited in the query options.  The jdbc_response probe is another option but finding a driver for iSeries DB2 is a little tricky.  The sqlserver probe doesn't give an option to query this type of DB.