DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Hub to Robot NAT

Posted Dec 24, 2009 03:19 AM
    Hello,

I have ran into an issue with one of our clients we are monitoring where we are NAT'ing the HUB IP into their DMZ subnet so that the devices there can communicate back to 1 HUB. At this time we do not wish to put another HUB onto the DMZ subnet and would rather try and get this solution working.

Our installs went fine and the robots show up in Infrastructure Manager, but my problem lies with pushing probes out to those Robots. I receive the following message in the View Distribution Progress Window:  "inst_pkg failed: illegal SID"

That error leads me to believe I need to disable IP checking on the Robots themselves to fix this but not sure the exact syntax that is needing.

Did a quick search on here and only found a KB article referencing a Hub to Robot NAT using the key hubsec_setup_get = ignore_ip

http://support.nimsoft.com/Default.aspx?center=portal/SolutionItem&kbid=67&light=illegal SID

Yet does that go into the robot.cfg file and restart or is that a solution for an older version?

We are running Infrastructure Manager 3.73 (Rev 8.6) if that makes a difference.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2.  Hub to Robot NAT

Posted Dec 29, 2009 05:02 PM
    Chris,

You are not supposed to put "hubsec_setup_get = ignore_ip" into the config file.  You are supposed to use the Probe Utility (Ctrl+P while the hub probe is highlighted) and select the hubsec_setup_get callback.  Then "ignore_ip" is the key and "yes" is the value.

Does that help?

-Keith

• 3.  Hub to Robot NAT

Posted Jan 05, 2010 07:20 AM
    If that doesn't work, I have quite a few different setups with NAT and hubs and robots on different subnets, w/ or w/o tunnels, etc...
    Search for robotip_alias also, I'm using that with a robot behind a NAT.
    If not, I'll need a little more visual and/or routing and IP info to try to see what you are doing to see if I have something setup like that already working.
    Running Server 4.0 and associated program versions.