Clarity

• 1.  XDM install

Posted Jul 20, 2011 05:37 AM
    I am using the nikuadmin xdm install command but I am getting an error.

Command: install database schema file
    To URL: jdbc:clarity:oracle://wdc-devdb-16:1543;SID=clr12;BatchPerformanceWorkaround=true;InsensitiveResultSetBufferSize=0;ServerType=dedicated;supportLinks=true
    As user: niku
    For vendor: oracle
    Process: /apps/clarity/nikuuat/clarity/database/sql/GENERATE_CMN_SEQ_TABLES.xml
    Total time: 0H:0M:0S
    Error: Exception encountered in updateTemplateFolders
    com.niku.dms.util.DMSException: File is currently checked out by another user.
    at com.niku.dms.service.DMSService.checkoutFileObject(DMSService.java:530)
    at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.replaceTemplateFileContent(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:588)
    at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkRecordTypes(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:536)
    at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkActivity(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:373)
    at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkActivityGroups(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:338)
    at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkCatalog(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:287)
    at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.walkCatalog(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:301)
    at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.updateTemplateFolders(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:254)
    at com.niku.xdm.ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.main(ConfigUpdateTemplateFolders.java:155)
    Error occurred: /apps/clarity/nikuuat/clarity/.setup/scripts/xdm.xml:110: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /apps/clarity/nikuuat/clarity/webroot/WEB-INF/xdm/xdmApplyConfig.xml:159: Java returned: 7
    Check admin.log or use -verbose for more information.

I have tried the -verbose and found errors on directories that don't exist. I created the missing directories and those errors went away. The fact that the install didn't create the directories initially makes me wonder if the install did not complete. I didn't get any errors to tell me different. Checking the NSA shows that the XDM still needs updated. I have had problems with this in the past because the "index" dir and the "file store" dir where not correct in the NSA. That is not the case now.

Anyone seen this error? Can someone explain what the nikuadmin xdm install is doing/used for? I just know it as a step I have to complete as part of the install of 12.1.1.

• 2.  RE: XDM install
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 20, 2011 10:57 AM
    Hi,
    You did not indicate if this is an upgrade to an existing environment or a fresh install. Either way, the error provided...

Error: Exception encountered in updateTemplateFolders
    com.niku.dms.util.DMSException: File is currently checked out by another user.

might indicate problems with Collaboration document templates (this information is created with the XDM install) which are found on the Clarity Admin side...Project Management >> Document Templates.

Try running a query as such: select * from clb_dms_files where lock_owner_id <> 0

This should return zero (0) rows, which would imply that all document templates are checked in.

You might try stopping nsa from the command line, restarting, then running the command: nikuadmin general upload-config to ensure your NSA properties file information is correct in the database. I say this based on your other issues where the document file store and index information might have been corrupted (aka not installed or setup correctly), as you really should verify all NSA settings BEFORE running the various installation component steps (pre-upgrade, database, xdm and post-upgrade).

Let me know how this goes.

Allen Bollinger
    CA Technologies
    Sr. Services Consultant

• 3.  RE: XDM install

Posted Aug 09, 2011 10:00 AM
    Hi,

I received the same error. In my case, I was upgrading from Clarity 12.1 to Clarity 12.1 SP1, and I was not using the documents feature of Clarity. I ran the following UPDATE statement in my Oracle database, and was then able to re-run the XDM installation successfully.

Mike

UPDATE clb_dms_files cdf1 set lock_owner_id = 0 WHERE EXISTS (SELECT id FROM clb_dms_files cdf2 WHERE lock_owner_id <> 0 AND cdf2.id = cdf1.id);