Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

Removing buttons / links from the GUI

• 1.  Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Dec 16, 2009 05:11 AM
    Hello,  These are two very nasty questions I think;  1) Suppose I want to remove a button (specifically the "Create Issue" button on the Risk edit page) from the GUI.    How do I do this? (and I fully expect the answer to be "you can't", but I want the answer to be "you need to (unsupported) edit this piece of XML").  I have worked out how to change the label (edit the itl_view_XX.properties file), but the button is still on screen and active even if I remove all the text.    2) Suppose I want to remove the subtab LINK to "Issues"; so that I don't even get that option when I am in the "Project" - "Risks/Issues/Changes" tab  How do I do that?  I have spent some time looking through the code, but I can't spot the files that contain this.  --Hopefully someone can immediately give me the answer? (i.e. please don't go looking for it - you'll go bonkers looking through the Clarity code for too long!)  Dave.

• 2.  Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 16, 2009 06:37 AM
    (deep breath now...)

Answers

(1) : its in the riskIssueProperties.xsl file (in META-INF\itl\vxsl\rim)

I have to remove the "action/buttons" that call the conversion1ObjectCode and conversion2ObjectCode

(2) : its in the projectPageTabset_IssuesRisks.xsl (also in META-INF\itl\vxsl\rim)

I removed the whole <subtabs> section (I could just remove the indivdual subtabs, but that would have just left a single subtab there which is a bit pointless really!)

• 3.  Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Dec 21, 2009 12:42 AM
    Suppose now I want to hide completely the tab Risk.Can this be done.  Jerome    

• 4.  Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Dec 21, 2009 01:17 AM
    If you do not give out the "Risk, Issue, Change Request" access rights (against a project - nut you can get the rights at OBS / GLOBAL level also) then you should not see the tab anyway?    Am I misunderstanding your question?   Can you elaborate?  Dave.  

• 5.  Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Dec 21, 2009 02:30 AM
    Yes of course you're right!  Furhter question to remove the subtabs { Resource Utilization   Assignments   Forms} from theProject - Tasks tab?  Thanks for your help.

• 6.  Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Dec 21, 2009 02:44 AM
    I would GUESS that the file to amend is " projectPageTabset_TasksPortlet.xsl " in the META-INF\projmgr\vxsl\portlets\projects directory.  You'd have to try that one yourself and see!   Of course if you change any of these files you HAVE TO GET CA-support involved to verify/approve/caveat* your changes.  * - none of this is "supported" or "upgarde proof" or even guaranteed to work!

• 7.  Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Dec 21, 2009 03:36 AM
    I managed to remove all subtabs.Thanks for your help.Of course this is just for testing purpose.  Jerome      

• 8.  RE: Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Jul 10, 2010 07:04 AM
    HI ,

I need help in this particular requirement....

I have to create a shortcut for creating new Risks,Issues,CR's.
    I am able to create a link that shows the list of all the existing RIC's but i want a 'NEW' button to create the RIC's in the shortcut link created there...so that the client doesnt have to navigate through the project link.

I require this urgently,please can anyone guide me on this.

• 9.  RE: Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Jul 12, 2010 09:02 PM
    Since the original post was marked as resolved you may want to create a new post for this one. That may generate more response.

Regards,
    Chris

• 10.  RE: Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Jul 13, 2010 12:38 AM
    how do u create a new post....can u guide me at the earliest plz

• 11.  RE: Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Jul 13, 2010 05:12 PM
    General Discussion Page -> Post New Thread

• 12.  RE: Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Jul 14, 2010 04:26 AM
    hey thaks alot i found it out yesterday and started a new thread....waiting for responses thoughh!!!!!

• 13.  Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Apr 14, 2016 05:00 PM

Hey Dave/Chris,

I am guessing you can do this only in On-Premise Installation not with On-Demand, correct?

I apologize if this really trivial, I am a new bee.

Thanks.

• 14.  Re: Removing buttons / links from the GUI

Posted Apr 14, 2016 05:05 PM

It's not possible On Demand because it isn't supported and there is no way to edit those files to apply the changes.  It's not supported in On Premise either, strictly speaking.

The original post and solution was from a long time ago before browsers and PPM had undergone various updates and changes.  It may be possible now to use something like the answer I gave in the following thread (and the two threads it links to) to achieve similar results now:

Re: Remove New from Template button