Clarity

Expand all | Collapse all

URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

• 1.  URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Oct 13, 2009 03:16 AM
    Hi,On the C.A. Sandbox, within a NSQL query definition,  we can create linking with the action "URL Redirect to a Clarity Page".   Anybody knows if this value in the "Action" is an Out of The Box value or if it comes with the BRM content pack (or other)?   Thanks,Christophe.

• 2.  Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 13, 2009 03:17 PM
    This is not OOTB (and not to my knowledge in any content pack)  To enable this facility is quite simple, you need a dedicated page (based on pop-up template) and on that page a html portlet that uses javascript to 'scrape' the URL and perform the redirect.  ALL users should be given security access to both page and portlet (they will only see it fleetingly, but if they don't have access to them the redirct will fail with a 'you are not authorized' error)  I'm attaching both the page and portlet in xog form (zipped) The xog contains reference to Clarity  8.1.0.4247 but it should work in any 8x or 12x  The portlet's javascript is designed to be "graceful" if an error is detected (see image below) and it has been used extensivley in IE6 & 7 and FF2 & 3 (Chrome also)  Once this page/portlet exists it should register a link type called "URL Redirection" and you use that by passing a single string parameter which will be the URL you want to reach.  Remember that when doing intra-Clarity jumps this way you should use "relative" URLs  starting with "\niku\app?action=...." - strongly advise you avoid "absolute URLs" for Clarity pages! (If you don't follow this advice you will have problems moving queries/portlets from dev to test to prod. for instance)  I suggest you use the xog 'as is' (i.e. use the page and portlet id's of 'url_redirection' - this makes it very clear what that page and portlet do).  BTW:1. This page/portlet was published  for the Australian User Group some time back - a good reason to join or create a user group :-)2. The same page/portlet is used in at least 2 Clarity add-ons available from CA: "Data Integrity" and "Fiscal Focus"

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Oct 14, 2009 12:10 PM
    Thanks   a lot for your answer, it works fine :)

• 4.  Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Oct 16, 2009 11:18 AM
    I'm interested in using this type of functionality but...   I don't get it..  I downloaded the xog, wrote it in and assigned rights to portlet and page but how do I test this?  Can  you provide an example of  usage?..     What code or variable needs to be modified?  Sorry... Message Edited by TConnery on 10-16-2009 03:18 PM [left]

• 5.  Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Oct 17, 2009 01:14 AM
    this redirection expects you to provide the wanted URL - as a string  in (very brief) form  > query contains concatenation of basic URL with object instance id =

• 6.  RE: Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Jun 15, 2012 06:52 AM
    Has anyone with this URL redirect page upgraded to v13/13.0.1? How does the URL Redirect function work in v13. We have this portlet but it does not work as expected in v13.

Thanks,
    Dev

• 7.  RE: Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Jun 15, 2012 06:49 PM
    Just walked through in v13.0 creating a link on Resource list to Financial properties from
    Examples of URL redirection in Links
    http://www.nbl.fi/that_man/Clarity/urlredirection.htm
    Works fine.
    The minor deviation is that the Resource list view does not use Resource object as the data provider but Resource object with availablity.
    So any configuration in the Admin Tool > Studio > Objects - Resource- Views - Resource list view is not displayed on the aplication side.
    The Image and link has to be added on the application side to the Resource List view which makes it a user configuration.

Martti K.

• 8.  Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Dec 08, 2017 11:20 AM

Hi Martin,

We have similar issue of redirection of clarity page .

Recently we have upgraded to 15.2 our customize html portlets are not working.this means when we are clicking on a particular link  it should redirect to clarity ->knowledge store page and open the html portlet from there.

But we are seeing that CA has blocked everthing regarding re-direction. Can you plese let me know some alternate method/solution for this problem.

• 9.  Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Dec 09, 2017 01:26 AM

I have similar issue with re-direct from Knowledge store, now files (html/image) are getting downloaded even after removing download parameter from url.

Please confirm if you are facing this issue.

• 10.  Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Dec 10, 2017 05:21 PM

As said I have just walked through the process and am not technical  to tell why not or how to change the URL redirect.

New questions added to an old thread may go unnoticed so I am starting a new thread on this.

• 11.  Re: URL Redirect to a Clarity Page

Posted Dec 11, 2017 01:08 AM

hi prashank,

yes same issue.