Plex 2E

• 1.  Handling barcodes with 2E

Posted Oct 27, 2009 10:53 AM
    Hi,  I am posting this question on behalf of a client. Does anyone have some experience they could share relating to the use of barcodes with a 2E-generated applications? e.g. techniques for reading barcode data, printing reports containing barcodes and so on.  Best regards,  Daniel    

• 2.  Re: Handling barcodes with 2E
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 08, 2009 11:30 PM
    I would suggest a DUS (DDS USER SOURCE) to invoke Barcode printing.  See : http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r1/ic2924/index.htm?info/rzakd/rzakdmstptbarco.htm for details.    

• 3.  Re: Handling barcodes with 2E

Posted Nov 09, 2009 08:00 PM
    Hi  We extensively use bar-codes with the 2e, we use creatform to print them on lasers (There are many Form Printing enhancers available) or we use various label printers, or some we just produce using a Bar-code font in Microsoft word. We read these bar-codes using Symbol Wireless Handheld terminals with laser scanners, or wired wands attached to PC's or bluetooth scanners, integration is almost a non event, as it appears to program as if user had entered values on keyboard. I am sure I will have solved most problems.  Happy to Help.  Nick RunnallsAWH Pty Ltd+61 3 9551 8091 Message Edited by Runnaln on 11-10-2009 01:02 AM [left]

• 4.  Re: Handling barcodes with 2E: Auto-Enter when scanning

Posted Nov 10, 2009 04:43 AM
    You can enable a scanner application to be used without a keyboard with the CHECK(ER) keyword on the barcode input field.With this, control is returned to the program as soon as the barcode is scanned. Pressing the Enter-key is not required.  CHECK(ER) is not supported in 2E, so use a DUS at field-level to alter the generated source.    

• 5.  Re: Handling barcodes with 2E

Posted Nov 11, 2009 06:13 AM
    Many thanks for the very helpful responses - have passed the information to our client, including  a link to this thread.  Best regards,  Daniel