DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Connecting with nagios

Posted Jun 20, 2013 08:11 AM
    How do people connect against a nagios server???

i dont like to create a service in nagios against every alert we must check .... i think it is difficult to maintain.

so how does people work against it?

someone has recommended this

but as i dont know how nagios work ...

http://exchange.nagios.org/directory/Plugins/Others/check_multi/details

i would like to work as it worked with ovo. when i send an alert nagios puts it with its server .... and with its log of alerts ..... but i think that nagios doesnt have any log of alarms.

• 2.  Re: Connecting with nagios

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 22, 2015 01:05 PM

oscar.atienza

Let us know if this is still an issue or how you resolve it.

Your question is still vague; what is it you're trying to accomplish? Sending an event to Nagios? Why not just sent a SNMP trap?

• 3.  Re: Connecting with nagios

Posted Feb 10, 2016 05:24 PM

Hi Haruhiko,

Is there a way to send alerts to Nagios from APM? is there already a script that we could leverage.

• 4.  Re: Connecting with nagios
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 10, 2016 08:22 PM

Hi Aakash,

Per Hiko_Davis's comment above you can use the APM SNMP trap functionality and publish a MIB for import into Nagios.

Here is the 10.1 wiki section: Configuring the SNMP Adapter - CA Application Performance Management - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation

Also some knowledge documents can be found from this search: CA Application Performance Management - CA Technologies

Hope this helps

Lynn

• 5.  Re: Connecting with nagios

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 11, 2016 07:46 AM

Hi Oscar:

Please let us know if there are still outstanding questions after reading the above responses

Thanks

Hal German

• 6.  Re: Connecting with nagios

Posted Feb 24, 2016 03:36 PM

Hi All,

As Oscar mentioned in his comments "i dont like to create a service in nagios against every alert we must check .... i think it is difficult to maintain."

As there is an individual service name required for each alerts that APM will trigger to Nagios. It would be difficult to maintain it. If you could let us know if you guys have an integration with Nagios that would overcome this issue. Or is there any way in which APM can send alerts to Nagios without having a separate service name for each APM alerts.

Let me know if you need detailing.

Regards,

Aakash