CA Service Management

• 1.  Simple question about dtlStartExpRow

Posted Aug 31, 2013 06:40 PM
    Good afternoon all,

I know you've seen my name a few times on this board with never ending questions. Some of which are still pending an answer. I do my best to search for specific answers via the search function and I do accomplish a lot through that method but sometimes I just don't find what I need. Thanks to all who have sent me suggestions to my questions though. I really appreciate the responses.

Case in point: I have the need to slightly change a "detail" screen so that one of the Expandable Rows displays colapsed by default. I searched everywhere for dtlStartExpRow and found nothing regarding any switches or settings.
    Anyone have an idea if this can be done? Here's the line in the detail_cr as an example:
    <PDM_MACRO name=dtlStartExpRow label="Summary Information" colspan=4 exp_rows="1,2,3" form_name="detail_cr">
    Currently this row displays expanded by default. I would like to begin the form by displaying it colapsed and let the user decide if he needs to see it.

Any help would be appreciated.

As always, thanks! :grin:

• 2.  RE: Simple question about dtlStartExpRow

Posted Sep 01, 2013 11:02 PM
    Hi Mike,

Out of the box, there is no function or option to set the section to display collapsed as a default. In the past, I have seen customers raising enhancement request for this requirement. You may click on the 'Ideas' tab at top of this forum, if you wish to add it as a recommendation for future product functionality. However, if anyone is aware of achieving this with the customizations, please share your inputs.

Thanks,
    Naveen

• 3.  RE: Simple question about dtlStartExpRow

Posted Sep 03, 2013 10:57 AM

naveen_desham wrote:

Hi Mike,

Out of the box, there is no function or option to set the section to display collapsed as a default. In the past, I have seen customers raising enhancement request for this requirement. You may click on the 'Ideas' tab at top of this forum, if you wish to add it as a recommendation for future product functionality. However, if anyone is aware of achieving this with the customizations, please share your inputs.

Thanks,
    Naveen
    Thanks very much for your Reply. I was hoping to see if anyone knew of a current function that would accomplish my request. In searching this morning I found the following but..... I'm a little leary as it's dated from 2007. Does anyone know if the resolution below would be safe and operational in v12.6?

[color=#2D55CE]In your sitemods.js file add the following function:

[font=Courier New]function autoclose(idx)
    {
    if(idx>=exp_sec_arr.length||typeof exp_sec_arr[idx]=="undefined")
    {
    alertmsg(646);
    return;
    }
    var obj=exp_sec_arr[idx];
    var down_obj=document.getElementById(obj.down_id);
    var up_obj=document.getElementById(obj.up_id);
    if(obj.state=="up")
    {
    down_obj.style.display="block";
    up_obj.style.display="none";
    obj.state="down";
    obj.hide_rows();
    }
    ahdtop.set_expand_sec_state(obj.form_name,obj.exp_sec_num,obj.state);
    }[font]

Then in your detail htmpl files (i.e. detail_chg.htmpl) that you want to have the sectiosn auto close add the following to the end of the "loadActions" function:

autoclose(x)

Where "x" is the index of the section you want closed starting at section 0. (i.e. If you want to autoclose the third section use 2).
    [color]

Thanks very much for everyone's help.

Mike

• 4.  RE: Simple question about dtlStartExpRow

Posted Sep 18, 2013 03:48 AM

mikevelardo wrote:

Thanks very much for your Reply. I was hoping to see if anyone knew of a current function that would accomplish my request. In searching this morning I found the following but..... I'm a little leary as it's dated from 2007. Does anyone know if the resolution below would be safe and operational in v12.6?
    Mike
    Hello Mike,

As Naveen mentioned, this would be best to take up as an "Idea" for possible future release.

I worked on several issues for this with SE and there were some good reasons not to do it. Can't recall off the top of my head what they were.

If you do go down the customisation path above, I would put extra testing around this area.

Thanks, Kyle_R.