CA Service Management

• 1.  Pdm_load

Posted Sep 06, 2013 01:30 AM
    Hi ,

i want to know what is difference between pdm_load and pdm_userload. from where i can get list of table for which these are used.

Can we use pdm_load for contact creation.

what utility we use for direct other table value creation in SDM12.7 from excel(like grloader).

Thank in advance :-)

Deepti

• 2.  RE: Pdm_load
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 06, 2013 01:40 AM
      |   view attached
    Hi Deepthi,

You need to use Excel Macro to convert CSV file to pmd_load format. I've attached the Convert_PDM_LOAD.xls.

When you load new records, need to use pdm_load with the -i switch. The -i switch is not available with
    pdm_userload. There is also the -m switch for a mass update. pdm_load "can be destructive" (if used incorrectly) according to the documentation .

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Naveen

Attachment(s)

xls
    Convert_PDM_LOAD.xls   113 KB 1 version

• 3.  RE: Pdm_load

Posted Sep 06, 2013 01:46 AM
    For more detailed information about the pdm_load and pdm_userload, you may refer Administration guide, Appendix C: Reference Commands section. There is no specific documentation about usage of these commands against the tables.

• 4.  RE: Pdm_load

Posted Sep 06, 2013 02:11 AM
    Thanks Naveen :smile

• 5.  RE: Pdm_load

Posted Sep 06, 2013 04:56 AM
    The primary difference between pdm_load and pdm_userload is that the former allowes "inserts" or creating new records with the -i switch as Naveen pointed out.

If your need is to create new rows in a table you would use pdm_load and if you want to update existing rows in a table you would use pdm_userload.
    pdm_userload is considered relatively safe to use as it doesn't delete or add new rows in to a table.

Take caution when you use pdm_load and as a best practice always back up tables before you attempt a pdm_load.

--Vamsi

• 6.  RE: Pdm_load

Posted Sep 06, 2013 06:49 AM
    You also asked the following:

"what utility we use for direct other table value creation in SDM12.7 from excel(like grloader)."

Ans:
    Unfortunately pdm_load or pdm_userload does not accept Excel files as input like GRLoader. I have however seen a similar post and ended up creating an Enhancement Request via Ideas for the functionality of pdm_load or pdm_userload to be expanded to accept Excel files as input. It will make life much more easier. All you got to do now is vote-vote-vote for this Ideas Post :wink:

Regards,
    Brian

• 7.  RE: Pdm_load

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2013 06:41 AM
    Hi Deepti,

If you wanted to know the difference between pdm_load & pdm_userload go to command prompt of service desk server and run pdm_user load -H / pdm_userload -H , you will find the list of switches awailable. As mentioned earlier pdm_load -i will be used.
    If you have a huge list of contacts in csv file which needs to be imported then contact CA Services should be able to help you.

With regards, Vinod.