Rally Software

View Only

Explain the Lookback/Wsapi latency?

• 1.  Explain the Lookback/Wsapi latency?

Posted Nov 13, 2015 06:44 PM
    I have a couple screenshots that demonstrate something I am having confusion about: does Rally process WSAPI/Lookback requests sequentially, or in parallel? In the first screenshot, you can see about 11 Lookback requests being sent around 15 seconds and taking 20ish seconds. after that, about 12 WSAPI requests are made, and each takes about 4 seconds to complete. In the second picture, the only difference is that i try to send the WSAPI requests at the same time as the Lookback requests, but Rally does not respond to the WSAPI requests for around 20 seconds.

It appears to me that Rally has a rate-limiter or a queue in place for web requests. Is this correct? What can I do to send my WSAPI requests at the same time as my Lookback requests, but only take the 4 seconds the really would've taken?

(Side note: it appears some type of queueing or rate-limiting is going on among the lookback queries themselves. notice in the first picture that they all are staggered by 1-2 seconds, even though they are sent by chrome at the same time. When looking at the "Timings" section in the returned JSON object, the longest Lookback query took 3.5 seconds, but that requests taked 20 seconds to respond from rally)

0EM14000000MW5T

0EM14000000MW5J