Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  find all objects having a specific tag

Posted May 07, 2015 07:25 PM
    Hello folks!

I'm attempting to delete a tag; however, after filtering through stories, defects, tasks the system shows that there are still "2 more work items" using the tag.

Is there a way to search for a specific tag across all "work items"?

Thanks!

Peter

• 2.  Re: find all objects having a specific tag

Posted May 08, 2015 11:14 AM
    Peter, try adding the Custom List  (https://help.rallydev.com/custom-grid" target="_blank)app to a custom page, set it up to show the work item type you're looking for, then filter for the Tag using those Filtering (https://help.rallydev.com/custom-grid#custom" target="_blank) options. 

• 3.  Re: find all objects having a specific tag

Posted May 08, 2015 08:27 PM
    Thanks for the suggestion John. I went through and selected each work item type (user stories, tasks, defects, test cases), filtered for the tag I needed to find and could not find it...

What's next? :)

Thanks!

Peter

• 4.  Re: find all objects having a specific tag

Posted May 09, 2015 11:36 AM
    Hey Peter, could those work items be in a project that either you're not scoped to or don't have access to?  Really, unless the Tag name is incorrect in your filter, that would be the only other explanation I can think of!

• 5.  Re: find all objects having a specific tag

Posted May 14, 2015 10:14 PM
    Hey John, sorry for the late reply...but I'm a Subscription admin, so I should have access to all projects, yeah? When selecting project, should I select "Follow Global Project Setting" or "Choose Specific Project" and then select the highest level parent project for the workspace where my tag is?

Thanks!

Peter

• 6.  Re: find all objects having a specific tag

Posted May 15, 2015 10:49 AM
    Hey Peter, yep you're right.  As a Subscription Admin, you have access to all projects.   When selecting Project, I would select "Follow Global Project Setting", and then make sure you are at the highest-level parent project in your Project Picker (top-left in Rally).  If that still doesn't work, it's probably time for a Rally Support case so they can reproduce the problem and see what the deal is!

• 7.  Re: find all objects having a specific tag

Posted May 15, 2015 06:12 PM
    Ah! Thanks! That didn't work, so I'm gonna open up a case w/ Rally Support. Thanks for all your suggestions!

Peter