Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Tag name in SOI console

Posted May 30, 2017 01:52 PM

Hi,

Good day. I need below help.

1) is there any option that I can forward Tag name to SOI which I need to display over there on alarm Console. Kind of mapping alarm attributes.

2) we are monitoring different file systems in UNIX where I need to forward database filesystem alerts to DB team and other file system alert to server team for a group of servers. I need to perform this for group of servers. Is there any option like via message token we can achieve this. 

Please help.

• 2.  Re: Tag name in SOI console

Posted May 30, 2017 10:32 PM

Please help.

• 3.  Re: Tag name in SOI console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2017 09:02 AM

Dear  Kalidh,

we need a bit more information here.

1)

So you integrate SOI and UIM, correct?  On the UIM side, do you use specific usertags in the alarm messages? And you want to forward the alarm with the user tags to SOI to be able to filter this on the SOI side in similar fashion?

2)

This is also for SOI or in UIM?

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 4.  Re: Tag name in SOI console

Posted Jun 05, 2017 09:16 AM

Hi,

Thanks.

1) I have usertag1 attribute and i need to use this in  nimsoft alarm message as well as to forward the same to SOI.

2) For both... purpose is i can use these tags to identify server role and forward the same to SOI console, so monitoring team would be able to identify the purpose of server and confirm whether ticket is required or not.

• 5.  Re: Tag name in SOI console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 05, 2017 11:26 AM

Britta_Hoffner Can you have a look at this?  Is this something the SOI integration can deliver?

• 6.  Re: Tag name in SOI console

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2017 10:54 AM

Martin, this has been answered in support case.

Resolution:

as discussed in the chat I provide you here the documentation how to publish user_tags through the UIM connector. You should be sure that the Alarms are enriched already with those tag values. If not you should configure enrichement rules in the UIM nas probe Raw configuration to achieve this. Once this is done you will get the addtional attributes in the RAW data from the UIM connector and can map it in the nimsoftconnector_policy.xml file in the Catalyst\CatalystConnector\registry\topology\physical\<hostname>_CatalystConnector\modules\policy\ folder in the section EventClass Alert

example:

<EventClass name="Alert">

<Format>

<Field output='userAttribute1' format='{0}' input='user_tag1' />

<Field output='userAttribute2' format='{0}' input='user_tag2' />

</Format>

</EventClass>

You have to restart the Catalyst Container Service on the UIM connector server to enable the customization.

• 7.  Re: Tag name in SOI console

Posted Jun 05, 2017 12:33 PM

You should post this in the SOI community thread. This is the UIM specific thread.

This would require modifying the UIM connector policy and mapping the UA1 to a column in SOI.

Also I've asked this in the past:

Nimsoft/UIM Connector: Expose all available alert property fields.