Service Operations Insight

View Only
  • 1.  Anyone creating web / REST APIs?

Posted Jun 29, 2015 05:35 PM

Are you involved in the creation of web / REST APIs?  If so, what tools are you currently using?  Do they provide all the functionality you need or are there things that you wish they would do as well?  Are they well suited for your production environment?  If CA were to provide tooling in this area, what functionality would you expect that you are not able to get elsewhere or that is difficult to get using current tooling?

I understand that this discussion may not be on point for this community, but it is my understanding that companies all over the place are into web / REST APIs and I'm trying to find out if CA might be able to provide something worthwhile in this area.  Note that I'm posting this discussion in multiple communities to get the widest feedback.  Thanx for any insight you can provide.

• 2.  Re: Anyone creating web / REST APIs?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 10, 2015 02:02 PM

Hi John,

The WS-MAN and Rest both comes with SOI. If you want to learn more on how to use them in SOI then go to this link and review section "WebServices"

https://wiki.ca.com/display/SOI33/CA%20Service%20Operations%20Insight%20Home

Thanks

Shaheen

• 3.  Re: Anyone creating web / REST APIs?

Posted Sep 10, 2015 02:13 PM

Shaheen_Ahmed, thanx for your reply.  So CA SOI (Service Operations Insight) publishes services as both SOAP (supported but no longer enhanced) and REST.  The question I'm asking is, what tools were used to create those APIs, did those tools provide all the necessary functionality or was there some tweaking that had to be done, were the tools easy to use and did they ultimately provide results that could be used in an enterprise environment (or, again, did they have to be modified to work in that environment)?  The question is being asked to determine if there is an opportunity for CA to create a tool that does meet the requirements more fully.

• 4.  Re: Anyone creating web / REST APIs?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 11, 2015 05:20 AM

Hi John,

Eclipse is mainly used for development. The standard OOTB WS tools for SOAP and REST do not provide the expected functionality. Generally the developers create these webservices manually rather depending on these tools. Though there are some tools like RAD which can be used based on individual preference.

BR//

Rajat