CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  OTB Files in C2 Patch for SDM

Posted Jun 23, 2016 09:23 AM

Recently we applied CP2 on our SDM servers. We noticed that detail_cr.htmpl, detail_chg.htmpl etc files were replaced. When we checked those files with the previous files(before applying CP2) we found that there were no changes made on those files. Then can any one tell me whether we are missing anything. Or patch has replaced the same files in CP2?

Thanks,

Vikash

• 2.  Re: OTB Files in C2 Patch for SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 23, 2016 11:33 AM

Are the timestamps of the files the same? Did you run pdm_configure after applying the patch?

• 3.  Re: OTB Files in C2 Patch for SDM

Posted Jun 27, 2016 06:09 AM

Hi Alexander,

Are the timestamps of the files the same? ----------------------No. All time stamps are different

Did you run pdm_configure after applying the patch?  ------yes we did

Thanks,

VIkash

• 4.  Re: OTB Files in C2 Patch for SDM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 27, 2016 12:52 PM

Vikash,

I ran some comparisons and see the same. I don't believe you are missing anything, but am not quite sure why the same file is delivered in the patch.

• 5.  Re: OTB Files in C2 Patch for SDM

Posted Jun 28, 2016 05:44 PM

Hi Vikash_Sonar - Did Alex_Perretti 's  response help answer your question? If so please mark as Correct Answer. Thanks!

• 6.  Re: OTB Files in C2 Patch for SDM

Posted Jun 29, 2016 03:43 AM

HI Vikash,

I guess you talk about 14.1?

From which version you did the update? (from 14.1 or from 14.1.01?)

If you did the update from 14.1.01 then it could be, that these files were already changed and included in the first Value Pack and are in 14.1.02 as well, because the Value Packs are cumulative. Then you have no content differences.

Regards

Christoph

• 7.  Re: OTB Files in C2 Patch for SDM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 29, 2016 04:40 AM

All files delivered as part of  CP1 are also delievered in CP2 and all files in CP2 are included in CP3.

So even if a file doesn't change in between, it still has to be part of latest cumulative. Ideally if a file is not changed, it should have same timestamp. This is followed in TFixes. But this is not the case with cumulative fixes because of a different build process.

I can request a change log to be included in future cumulative patches that can tell what deliverable files have changed between two cumulative patches.

Regards,

Imran

• 8.  Re: OTB Files in C2 Patch for SDM

Posted Sep 30, 2016 08:04 AM

If this difference is given in each cumulative patch, we dont spend time to compare the files to find the difference. Since all the customers would have done some or other customisation.