CA Service Management

View Only
  • 1.  Jira Integration

Posted Mar 01, 2014 12:47 PM

Has anyone seen an integration between Jira and ServiceDesk. Now that there is a rest API it does not seem like a stretch to connect the two systems.

Use Case: Often development teams will want to manage their work from a system like Jira while Operations is creating tickets including problems (AKA a bug in the software world). Linking ServiceDesk and Jira issues together between systems would allow teams to work with the system they are familiar with. When a developer closes a bug that is tied to a problem ticket the two way integration could notate the service desk ticket and change the status.

Just wondering if anyone has seen this/done this so we wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel.

• 2.  RE: Jira Integration

Posted Mar 03, 2014 02:31 AM

Thanks for your post. I also want to know about it

• 3.  Re: Jira Integration

Posted Jul 31, 2014 05:43 PM

Hello boyd, Its possible! but isn't default of CA SDM.

You can integrate with Jira API using CA ITPAM. (Create a looping verifying the ticket, if have any comment, you send using the Jira API).

I Don't know if Jira can send back to SDM when this has been developed. But you can use RESTul of CA SDM to make that.

Its is not simple, but is possible.

If you need any help, let me know.

Andrade.

• 4.  Re: Jira Integration

Posted Jan 14, 2015 01:30 PM

Hi Andrade,

So can I go ahead and use CA ITPAM to get all the SDM details and pass onto Jira .

Could you please let me know how can we integrate CA SDM with Jira. Can I use CA WSDL webservices to integrate with Jira too

Regards,

Veer

• 5.  Re: Jira Integration

Posted Jan 14, 2015 03:37 PM

We currently have a two-way integration working at a basic level although it is a little clunky and uses some custom intermediary applications.

Our workflow is that tickets are originated in SDM and then sometimes have tasks that create Jira tickets when escalated to other groups that work via Jira. Once the Jira ticket is closed the SDM ticket returns to an active status.

There is one application that takes arguments for the new Jira ticket from SDM via PAM and makes the web service calls to Jira to create the new ticket. The Jira and SDM tickets are recorded in an internal database and linked there. It then updates the SDM ticket to contain log a comment on the SDM ticket and populate External System Ticket filed with the Jira ID.

There is another daemon application set to periodically poll open Jira tickets that have associated SDM tickets and check if they have been closed. If so, the last Jira comment is logged to the associated SDM ticket and the SDM status is updated.

I suspect there are better ways to accomplish this, especially if you have buy in from the Jira admins, which we do not necessarily have at this time.

This framework was developed before I joined our Service Desk team, so I am not sure if other options were explored, but I don't see why all of this could not be accomplished with PAM processes as opposed to PAM calling external applications.

• 6.  Re: Jira Integration

Posted Jan 19, 2015 12:49 PM

Thanks Kris

I will take a look at PAM and JIRA/CA APIs to check and integrate. We are currently working on the scope to integrate both the SDs

Let me know if you have any links and content I can refer to and get the skeleton overview on this integration

Regards,

Veer

• 7.  Re: Jira Integration

Posted Apr 27, 2016 08:35 AM

This post started in 2014 and latest update 2015, so wondering if anyone got this integration to work? We are on 14.1 CUM2

• 8.  Re: Jira Integration

Posted Mar 14, 2017 05:14 AM

All,

a different approach would be leveraging NIM (Normalized Integration Management) for SM.

https://docops.ca.com/display/NIMSM32

It is part of our techstack and could be enhanced for integrating with Jira.

Schöne Grüße,

Tom

• 9.  Re: Jira Integration

Posted Mar 20, 2017 02:53 PM

Tom,

Is CA NIM available to the customer base? I followed the link and tried to download it but it said I needed to be on the CA Intranet.

Cheers,
    Lindsay