DX Application Performance Management

View Only
  • 1.  Manually change tess-db-cfg.xml

Posted Feb 27, 2016 01:39 AM

A new instance of APM 10.1 was just installed. At the time of the install, there were no Oracle Database available. I installed using PostgreSql option.

Immediately after the install, I got a Fresh Oracle.

I installed the newly Oracle database schema.

I have been searching for some Guide for re configuring the mom and the collectors to point to oracle database.

I have no data to migrate... The environment is just virgin and no data is available in it.

I believe this should be possible....

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: Manually change tess-db-cfg.xml

Posted Feb 27, 2016 02:06 AM

Well I seem to have found the answer

Adding APM database to EM - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Adding APM database to EM

Skip to end of metadata  

Go to start of metadata    

• Stop the EM
    • Manual adapt files of EM
    1. <EM_HOME>/config/IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.properties
      1. enable logging for Tess performance by removing the comment sign '#' from the lines:
        ### Logging for Tess performance log ###
        log4j.additivity.com.wily.apm.tess.supportability.TessPerformanceCollector=false
        log4j.logger.com.wily.apm.tess.supportability.TessPerformanceCollector=DEBUG, tessperformance log4j.appender.tessperformance=com.wily.apm.tess.supportability.TessPerformanceLogFileAppender log4j.appender.tessperformance.layout=com.wily.org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
        log4j.appender.tessperformance.layout.ConversionPattern=%d{M/dd/yy hh:mm:ss a z},%m%n log4j.appender.tessperformance.File=${introscope.config}/../logs/tessperflog.txt
        log4j.appender.tessperformance.MaxSize=4000000
      2. enable Triage Map
        # Triage Map disabled.
        introscope.apm.feature.enabled=true
      3. enable pruning
        # Set to true to enable pruning
        # Set to false to disable pruning and keep all data indefinitely
        introscope.apm.pruning.enabled=true
    2. In file <EM_HOME>/config/tess-db-cfg.xml provide the values you used in step "Configure Database" : host, Database Name, Database Port, Database User, Database Password
      For Postgres database:     
      <property name="em.dbtype">Postgres</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.username"><db_user></property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.password"><password as plain text></property>      
      <property name="plainTextPasswords">true</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.postgresql.Driver</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:postgresql://<db_host>:<db_port>/<db_name></property
      e.g.      
      <property name="em.dbtype">Postgres</property>     
      <property name="hibernate.connection.username">db_user</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.password">db_user_password</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">org.postgresql.Driver</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/cemdb</property>

For Oracle database:     
      <property name="em.dbtype">Oracle</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.username"><db_user></property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.password"><password as plain text></property>      
      <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:oracle:thin:@<db_host>:<db_port>/<db_SID></property
      e.g.      
      <property name="em.dbtype">Oracle</property>     
      <property name="hibernate.connection.username">db_user</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.password">db_user_password</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.dialect">org.hibernate.dialect.OracleDialect</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.driver_class">oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver</property>      
      <property name="hibernate.connection.url">jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521/ORA</property>

NOTE: recommended is to provide the password encrypted. Then set property "plainTextPasswords" to false.
    3. Remove ".org" from the below listed three files *.jar.org  in folder <EM_HOME>/product/enterprisemanager/plugins:
                • com.wily.apm.tess.nl1_9.1.0.jar.org
        • com.wily.apm.tess_9.1.0.jar.org
        • com.wily.apm.model.webservices_9.1.0.jar.org