Plex 2E

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

• 1.  Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jun 13, 2016 09:48 AM

I am not able to find any information about the current state of Plex 7.2. I was hoping CA Plex Product Release and Support Announcements - CA Technologies would answer my questions, but apparently I am not authorized to see this page :-(

What ist the current build level of Plex 7.2 (I am on 22.000) and are there any PTFs or fix-packs?

Regards, Richard

• 2.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 09:58 AM

Hi Richard,

CA Plex 7.2 is recently GA so the current build level is 22.000. The Plex Engineering team has not released any PTFs for 7.2 yet.

-sws

• 3.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jun 13, 2016 11:03 AM

Stephen according to CA 7.2 came out 18 months ago and I don't think Richard will take to kindly to the notion of 18 months as recent. ..Announcing the Availability of CA Plex 7.2 - CA Plex - 7.2 - CA Technologies Documentation

• 4.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jun 13, 2016 11:24 AM

I agree. To me 18 months != recent...

I'm afraid it means the product is pretty much 'stabilized'.

• 5.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jun 13, 2016 02:50 PM

Hi George!

The link you are linking to was an announcement of the Plex 7.2 IR1 release, which was Build 21.00.  Since then, CA has also released the GA version of Plex 7.2 (Build 22.00) which was released in December 2015 or January 2016.

Regards,

Jill Hitz

• 6.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 13, 2016 02:38 PM

Well, it's relatively recent......more recent than 7.1, in other words.

And no, this does not mean the product is being stabilized. The Engineering team is hard at work on releasing 7.2.1 with a target date of CY Q3 2016.

Cheers,

Stephen

• 7.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jun 13, 2016 03:09 PM

i would say the 7.2 agile release would not get any votes of confidence from customers. I simply can not tell what release is what, Which service pack is withdrawn, which fixes were not included from earler versions etc etc. I think others will agree 7.2 has not been CA Plex finest hour. Can we simply get back to release 8 then 9 then 10....we are hardly going to run out of whole numbers!

• 8.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:37 AM

Hi George,

related your questions which Fixes are incl. please see:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-plex/7-2/en/release-information/fixes-included-in-this-release

If any Fix will be ready for CA PLEX 7.2 it will be published on:

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/recommended-reading/technical-document-index/ca-plex-solutions-patches.aspx?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=1

but currently Plex 7.2 will not be listed while no Fix is there until yet for the CA PLEX 7.2 GA (Build 22.000) version.

Info related MS VS Supported version can be found on:

file:///C:/CA-DOKU%20Info%20Training%20(VM-Plex)/CA%20PLEX%20r7.2-docu/CompMatrix_SuppRel2.pdf

All othe Guides are on:

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20Plex%207%202-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/HTML/Plex_Release_ENU/index.htm

I hope this will help you.

regards, Thomas

• 9.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jun 14, 2016 04:51 AM

Thanks Thomas, I should have been clearer on what I was saying before you went through the time and effort. Plex 7.2 has had multiple hiccups and multiple customer misunderstandings of what is what. I think we all know where the documentation is which is not my point, my point is cut out the mistakes and simplify the release as it would appear by the existence of customer confusion that according to the customers the process has lost it way, the process may seem clear to CA but I stress according to the customers it has caused confusion so instead of documenting (documenting is a great thing) a relatively complex thing, why not document a relatively simple thing by removing complexity.

• 10.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 14, 2016 09:31 AM

"Keep everything as simple as possible, but don't oversimplify anything." - Albert Einstein

• 11.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jul 07, 2016 09:16 AM

Hi,

I like to know which Fixes are included in Build 22.000.

Regards,

Ad

• 12.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

• 13.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jul 07, 2016 11:40 AM

Hi Lorenz,

These are the fixes included in build 21.000.

I'm looking for the build 22.000 fixes.

Regards,

Ad

• 14.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 07, 2016 12:01 PM

Hi Ad,

Here are the r7.1 fixes included in r7.1 build 22.000:

Fixes Included in this Release 1 - CA Plex - 7.2 - CA Technologies Documentation

The "Release 1" in the title is referring to INC1 release, but I believe that this is a documentation bug. The manual page of the release notes pointed to by Lorenz appears to be the fixes included in Release 1, so I think the titles may be transposed.

I will investigate this with our TI team and confirm. If this is indeed a documentation bug, then we will fix it.

Thanks,

Stephen

• 15.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jul 08, 2016 03:43 AM

Hi Stephen,

The page you and Lorenz are referring to says:

This section includes the following topics:

So, no fixes for r7.2 are included!

I like to know which fixes are made for build 21.000 (r7.2), resulting in 22.000.

Thanks,

Ad

• 16.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2016 10:52 AM

Hi Ad,

The Plex Engineering team has not released a CUM PTF for Plex 7.2 (build 22.000) yet, as this build is recently GA.

The following link has all of the fixes included in Plex 7.2 (build 22.000):

Fixes Included in this Release 1 - CA Plex - 7.2 - CA Technologies Documentation

Thanks,

Stephen

• 17.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Posted Jul 08, 2016 10:58 AM

Hi Stephen,

You are right.

But they did for Plex 7.2 build 21.000. They named the new build Plex 7.2 build 22.000. What were the fixes and changes in this 22.000 build in comparison with 21.000? No documentation is available for this.

Regards,

Ad

• 18.  Re: Plex 7.2 build level / PTFs

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 08, 2016 11:03 AM

Ad,

Compare the fixes included at this link: Fixes Included in this Release - CA Plex - 7.2 - CA Technologies Documentation (build 21.000)

with the fixes at this link: Fixes Included in this Release - CA Plex - 7.2 - CA Technologies Documentation (build 22.000)

By comparing the lists of fixes at each of these links, you can know which fixes are included in each release.

It's notable that only build 22.000 is GA - you should not be using 21.000 as this was a pre-GA incremental release.

Thanks,

Stephen