Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  ROC - Get Environment Parameter

Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:04 AM

Hi,

How can one determine the value to pass to the first parameter of action "ROC - Get Environment Parameter" named "Parameter Path". The tooltip text of the parameter reads as follow "The path of the parameter (use the "Full Path" attribute of the parameter as it appears in the ASAP)"

I've check in the automation studio but many menu items seems to hyave dissapear since we migrate to RA 6.6.

Please adivice. 

Regards,

GGV

• 2.  Re: ROC - Get Environment Parameter

Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:10 AM

I'm trying to retrieve the value of : 

So my guess is the path should look like [EBS_Patching//Cutover automatique autorisé], but I don't know how to write the path, what is the seperator "//", "_", "|" , it's a total mystery. 

Regards,

GGV

• 3.  Re: ROC - Get Environment Parameter
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 31, 2018 11:51 PM

Hi GGV,

You can use "/" as separator in Parameter Path.

I'd like to share my example.

1. Created an Environment parameter "nValue".
    2. Created an action with the parameter.
    3. Set the value of parameter in Parameter Configuration. In this case, the value is 3.
    4. Created another action using "ROC - Get Environment Parameter". Used slash as separator in Parameter Path and Set Application and Environment Name.
    5. Created a process using above 2 actions.
    6. Created a deployment plan with the process and run it. And then, the deployment was succeeded.
      "ROC - Get Environment Parameter" could get "the value is 3".

======================================================

By the way, I got an error when Server Type was set in action inputs.

In this case, following logs were written in nolio_action_exe.log on Agent.

2018-11-01 12:37:23,478 [job-32780-jobServer-32783-10:ROC - Get Environment Parameter(P9.F576.E578):ROC - Get Environment Parameter] DEBUG (com.nolio.platform.shared.executables.actions.releasecenter.utils.RequestsUtil:76) - Sending http request: AgentHttpRequest{uri='/a/api/v4/get-environment-parameter', httpVerb=POST, body='{"environment":"Environment for Default Architecture","application":"Community","parameterPath":"Default Component/Layer1/Layer2/nValue"}', jobId=32780, knownHost=RELEASE_CENTER, rocAuthentication=JOB_RUNNER}

2018-11-01 12:37:23,541 [job-32780-jobServer-32783-10:ROC - Get Environment Parameter(P9.F576.E578):ROC - Get Environment Parameter] INFO (com.nolio.platform.shared.executables.actions.releasecenter.utils.RequestsUtil:80) - Response received: AgentHttpResponse{statusCode=200, statusMessage='OK', body='{"result":true,"parameterPath":"Default Component/Layer1/Layer2/nValue","simpleValue":"3"}', jobId=32780}

2018-11-01 12:37:23,542 [job-32780-jobServer-32783-10:ROC - Get Environment Parameter(P9.F576.E578):ROC - Get Environment Parameter] ERROR (com.nolio.platform.shared.datamodel.Action:117) - Failed to get the value for the parameter [Default Component/Layer1/Layer2/nValue].
    java.lang.NullPointerException
    at com.nolio.platform.shared.executables.actions.releasecenter.actions.parameters.GetEnvironmentParameterRCAction.setOutputsPerServerType(GetEnvironmentParameterRCAction.java:123)

It seems this action calls REST API "get-environment-parameter" and exception was occurred in setOutputsPerServerType method.

However, the REST API could get "200 OK" response and simpleValue = 3 properly according 2nd log.

Server Type was not necessary in my case.

If you have similar error, please try to unset Server Type to "No Value" in action inputs.

Thanks

Yas

• 4.  Re: ROC - Get Environment Parameter

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 06, 2018 08:36 PM

Hi,

Did my reply help you?

If so, please mark the answer.

Thanks

Yas