Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Environment Parameter locking

Posted Mar 16, 2017 04:50 AM

As we know, if someone is already viewing/modifying a flow, another user could not make any changes to the flow and we could see a pop-up saying that the flow is already being updated by some other user. I would like to understand, if it is the same behavior in case of updating Environment Parameter?

Does CA-RA locks the Environment Parameter while a deployment is in progress on that environment? so that no other user could modify the parameter while deployment is in progress?

We have a scenario, where users are changing the environment parameters and they expect that it should be reflected as and when their deployment request is picked up. However, what we see is, the environment parameter does not get updated all the time, sometimes it does not update the parameter if there is already a deployment in progress on that environment.

We need to have a mechanism, so that, environment parameter could be tagged to the deployment id. as and when the deployment starts it should refer to that version of environment parameter.

• 2.  Re: Environment Parameter locking

Posted Mar 16, 2017 05:53 AM

interesting question.

from my current understanding I would have believed that the environment parameters are being verified either before or after the predeployment (check if they are empty or not). I would have guessed then, that the value itself is also saved for the specific deployment run at this point. so if you change the paramter after that stage the new value should not be used for the running deployment.

but I would love to hear someone from CA explaining how it really it is

• 3.  Re: Environment Parameter locking
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 16, 2017 08:30 AM

As I know once the pre deployment stage completed the environment parameters are locked for this specific deployment so if someone will change the values while the deployment is running it should not effect the running deployment.

• 4.  Re: Environment Parameter locking

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 27, 2017 06:25 PM

Hi Amit,

Did the information provided answer your question?

• 5.  Re: Environment Parameter locking

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 12, 2017 09:38 AM

Hi
    I believe your questions has been answered, I will mark this as the correct answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.
    With Kind Regards

Dirk