Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Error importing a tag

Posted Jul 21, 2016 12:39 PM

"Error while importing - The source and target applications have different names. Process tags may only be imported into an application with the same name as the application from which it was exported."

I didn't have this problem while I was using version 6.0 and had to upgrade it because of a few issues that were said to be fixed in the latest patches. This error comes on 6.1.0 version. This could be because of upgrade are totally not relevant to that.

Jacky_Mahadab could you please help me with this?

Note: We have also tried a work around that we could think of to validate this error. But that gave us the same error too. Please see below steps of what we tried:

1. Renamed AB to ABOriginal

2. Renamed AA to AB

3. Exported the tag we want -> Assuming the tag will have the application name of AB

4. Renamed AB to AA

5. Renamed ABOriginal to AB

6. Imported tag to AB -> Now the target and destination application names are same theoretically. So, thought this might work

7. Same error.

Thanks,

Kaushik

FYI, eis_mlynch

• 2.  Re: Error importing a tag
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 21, 2016 12:48 PM

Yes , I think its might be related to v6.1

• 3.  Re: Error importing a tag

Posted Jul 21, 2016 12:50 PM

Alright. Good to eliminate other possibilities. Is there a way forward?

• 4.  Re: Error importing a tag

Posted Jul 21, 2016 01:00 PM

I think at  the moment the only option that I know is to export the complete application  from the first system into second system and only then use the import tag.

• 5.  Re: Error importing a tag

Posted Jul 21, 2016 01:09 PM

Yeah it makes sense if we have two systems. But we just have our sandbox environment at the moment and would like to duplicate an application on the same system. Since there was no "duplicate" option for an application, we thought we could export and import an application on the same system.

Are there any alternatives for duplicating an application on the same system?

• 6.  Re: Error importing a tag

Posted Jul 21, 2016 01:33 PM

Not as I know

tamme01navni01schur01 Any suggestions?

Also you might try to work with support as they have more information

Jacky

• 7.  Re: Error importing a tag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 24, 2016 05:14 AM

At the moment, there is no real solution and we cannot import tag within the same system. We are planning to provide a fix in the short term

• 8.  Re: Error importing a tag

Posted Jul 25, 2016 09:25 AM

If I understand it correctly, this feature was available on v6.0 and not available from v6.1?

Because I was able to import a tag on same system before upgrading to v6.1 from v6.0. Just wanted to confirm this.

• 9.  Re: Error importing a tag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 22, 2016 04:01 AM

Hi

Did the answers answered your question? If it did please mark it as answered”

If the question is  still unanswered or the answer is unclear  please let us know .

With kind regards,

Dirk

• 10.  Re: Error importing a tag

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2016 04:26 AM

Hi ,

I believe you have the correct answer so i marked this one as answered , if you do not have a correct answer please let us know.

Regards Dirk