Release Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Error deleting a tag

Posted Jul 19, 2016 11:10 AM

Hi, I am trying to delete a tag of a process from one of my applications. This tag is imported from another process.

When I try to delete it, I get this error : Failed to removed the tag [1741] error [Cannot unpublish process id[1741]. It is being used in the Release Center. ]

I have unassigned the tags from all the environments. Can you tell me how to delete it?

Thanks,

Kaushik

Jacky_Mahadab

• 2.  Re: Error deleting a tag

Posted Jul 19, 2016 11:13 AM

I have also made sure that the tag isn't being anywhere else by using "Find Usages" option.

• 3.  Re: Error deleting a tag
    Best Answer

Posted Jul 19, 2016 11:45 AM

There is an open defect on this (DE174769)

I suggest to open support case so you be able to follow when it will be fixed.

• 4.  Re: Error deleting a tag

Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:20 AM

can you run a query against your database?

Jacky_Mahadab helped me build the following one, to find all the deployment plans that still use the process tag, you need to archive them all before you're able to delete the tag

select
     rcdt.name as TemplateName
     ,rcrc.ID as PlanID
     ,rcrc.name as PlanName
     ,rcrc.build as PlanVersion
     ,c.PROCESS_NAME as ProcessName
     ,s.TAG_NAME as ProcessTag
    from
     rc_release_candidate as rcrc
     inner join rc_rc_module rcrcm
      on rcrcm.release_candidate_id=rcrc.id
     inner join rc_basic_modules rcbm
      on rcbm.id=rcrcm.id
     inner join published_process s
      on s.ID=rcbm.published_process
     inner join process_container c
      on c.ID=s.ID
     inner join rc_deploy_template rcdt
      on rcrc.deployment_template = rcdt.id
    where c.PROCESS_NAME like 'PROCESSNAME'  AND s.TAG_NAME like 'TAG'
    Order by TemplateName,PlanID Desc

Make sure to replace "PROCESSNAME" and "TAG" in the "where" part

• 5.  Re: Error deleting a tag

Posted Jul 20, 2016 01:49 PM

We used a slight modification of this query to find all of the deployment plans that any of the tags for a process we wanted to delete were attached to. That was related to https://communities.ca.com/thread/241757471, which we now think may share an underlying problem with this thread.

• 6.  Re: Error deleting a tag

Posted Jul 27, 2016 02:36 AM

I might have the same issue now, as I can't find any use of the tag with the query I posted but I can't delete it anyway. let's hope this stuff gets fixed and improved, e.g. that we don't need to unassign/archive everything before a deletion is possible.

• 7.  Re: Error deleting a tag

Posted Jul 27, 2016 09:00 AM

Interesting. MichaelGebhardt, can you tell us if the tag you are trying to delete is the last tag created for the process in question? If so, are you able to create a new tag for that process? I'm wondering if your current state is similar enough to ours that it would reinforce our thought that the problem reported here is connected to thread; Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

• 8.  Re: Error deleting a tag

Posted Jul 27, 2016 09:31 AM

nope, it is not the newest tag but the one before. so I was able to delete all tags except the 2 latest ones, the newest one is ok, because it is of course the one I want to use. but the other one should be deletable.

and I don't know if it is related, I just know that I didn't import those tags

• 9.  Re: Error deleting a tag

Posted Sep 12, 2016 10:45 AM

FYI, see my Sep 12, 2016 10:39 AM comment on thread Why do I get an error when I tag a process but not when I publish without tagging?

CA support had to analyze my database and provide instructions for clean up.