Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Time Slice not updated based on pre-defined schedule

Posted Nov 24, 2020 04:42 PM
    I have created a schedule to update time slices every minute and during the testing of 15.9.0 in GCP, I have noticed that at some point during the day, the time slices are not updated every minute.  There seems to be gap of 4 minutes and then it will catch up without any intervention, there are no other scheduled job during these times, i.e. at 2:23pm, the last updated time for time slices was 2:17pm; at 4:22pm, the last updated time for time slices was 4:17pm.  Anyone else is seeing this issue?

• 2.  RE: Time Slice not updated based on pre-defined schedule

Posted Nov 25, 2020 04:11 AM
    Edited by David Morton Nov 25, 2020 04:14 AM
    Time slice job will not run when it is already running ; so if the job has more than "1 minutes worth" of data to slice then you would see this sort of behaviour.

i.e. if the job takes 5 minutes to process the data, you would see a gap of 4 minutes between executions (last updated date on the slice table).

Also, slight discrepancies in time stamps can be explained where there are discrepancies in the "current time" between the various servers in your system - i.e. if the database server's time stamp is not exactly synchronised with the application server's time stamp - it is hard to tell which time stamp is displayed to the user (usually the database time stamp I think) but the application time stamp would be used for the schedule of when jobs execute.

• 3.  RE: Time Slice not updated based on pre-defined schedule

Posted Nov 25, 2020 08:59 AM
    Thanks David.  Understood.  However, this is a new behavior since upgraded to 15.9.0 for one particular non-production environment, it is not consistent with two other non-production environments that are also upgraded to 15.9.0.  I am trying to narrow down if this is environmental or this is a true defect.