Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Error Running Custom Actuate Report From Portlet

Posted Mar 20, 2012 11:20 AM
    I have a custom portlet which has an image column with an underlying link to a custom report (the link being chosen from the automatically available links for the query, rather than any kind of URL redirection).

The link should run a report which returns details of a single custom object instance, with the internal object instance ID being passed from the portlet to the report.

When I click the image in the portlet I get "System Error" in Clarity and the following entry in the NSA:
    SQL error code: 515
    Error message: [CA Clarity][SQLServer JDBC Driver][SQLServer]Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'JOB_DEFINITION_ID', 
    table 'niku.niku.CMN_SCH_JOBS'; 
    column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
    The URL that is generated in the portlet appears to be OK
    http://clarity-dev/niku/app?action=reporting.executeAndView&reportName=custom%20reports/project_snapshot.rox&p_snapshot_id=5002030
    The report is active and I can run it OK via Reports and Jobs.

There was an old post on here with the same issue but there was never any resolution. Can't find anything in Support either.

Do I need to do something in the definition of the report to make sure there is Job Definition ID?

Any ideas gratefully received.

Owen

• 2.  RE: Error Running Custom Actuate Report From Portlet
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 20, 2012 11:48 AM
    Sounds odd - I have a similar setup in a grid portlet, and my URL looks much like yours - I don't appear to have anything "funny" set up in the report defintion either....?

Has it ever worked?
    Have you tried restarting your BG (since the error is mentioning jobs)?

(guessing now)

Just for info : when I run the report like that, I get the report definition ID in that column (ie the id=?????? bit when I go into the admin tool reports and jobs menu and look at my report definition)
    maybe theres something messed up in your report defintion then - could try recreating the report defintionand/or re-linking the link in the query (more guessing, but I have seen links get messed up when I XOG definitions form one environment ot another).

• 3.  RE: Error Running Custom Actuate Report From Portlet

Posted Mar 22, 2012 12:44 PM
    Got it working, or at least I've got it to give the old favourite error "This report is not configured properly", which I can fix, so I know at least it has got over this problem.

What did I do to fix: trashed the portlet, restarted BG, recreated the report definition and started again with a new query.

As to what caused it, no idea. I've got this kind of thing running ok in the past too. It is our dev environment where we do get the occasional bout of weirdness , and which quite frankly needs replacing with a nice new v13 install :grin: so I'm putting it down to that!