Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Project Portlet - Exporting Attachment Information into Excel

Posted Oct 26, 2011 10:07 AM
    Hi,

We need a way to see what documents are attached to the project's attachment fields and in the collaboration tab. We can configure the project porltet to bring in the attachment field but unfortunately when try to export the information into Excel, we receive a table error.

Is there a way that we can export the name of the attachment into Excel without having to ask the system to export the attachments as well (to avoid the table error issue)?

Our workaround has been to copy and paste the information into Excel 50 rows at at time, which is very time-consuming.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Stephanie

• 2.  RE: Project Portlet - Exporting Attachment Information into Excel

Posted Oct 31, 2011 02:42 PM
    Hi All,

Anyone have any suggestions for Stephanie?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Project Portlet - Exporting Attachment Information into Excel

Posted Oct 31, 2011 07:30 PM
    Hi Stephanie,

Are you using an OOTB portlet or a custom built portlet? What is the data type of this field you are trying to export?

With the limited information, first thing that comes to mind is to remove the link to this field and then try to export it.

Regards
    Jimmy

• 4.  RE: Project Portlet - Exporting Attachment Information into Excel

Posted Nov 01, 2011 09:49 AM
    Hi Jimmy,

We are using the OOTB Project Portlet. The fields are custom attachment fields. When we configure the portlet to view these fields, we can see the attachment name but we are unable to export it to Excel as a text field.
    I removed the hyperlink for the attachment field. I was able to export to excel but unfortunately, Excel was unable to open the file.

Here is the error:

XML ERROR in Table
    REASON:
    Bad Value
    FILE:
    C:\Users\prc0785\AppData\Local\Temp\Project_List-2.xls
    GROUP:
    Row
    TAG:
    Cell
    ATTRIB:
    StyleID
    VALUE:
    style32

I will see if it works in Mozilla.

Thanks!

Stephanie

• 5.  RE: Project Portlet - Exporting Attachment Information into Excel

Posted Nov 02, 2011 10:37 AM
    Hi

Can you remove the link with the filename and then export the data, and check if the issue still persists ?

Regards
    NJ

• 6.  RE: Project Portlet - Exporting Attachment Information into Excel

Posted Nov 02, 2011 12:29 PM
    Hi,

I removed the link to the document for the attachment field and was able to expor to excel but Excel was unable to open the document due to a table error. Same error received when downloading from Internet Explorer and Mozilla.
    Not sure what else to try. I even disabled all hyperlinks and used a custom project portlet list and received the same error. The document is corrupted and unable to be opened.

I am stuck!

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

• 7.  RE: Project Portlet - Exporting Attachment Information into Excel

Posted Nov 02, 2011 02:38 PM
    Hi Stephanie,

Which Clarity version are you on? We are on 12.0.6 and this worked for me with the attachment link.

A couple of debugging ideas:

1. Only export one project with an attachment and see if it exports correctly.
    2. Only include a few columns in your project listing portlet like Project ID, Project Name and the Attachment. Then try to export 1 project.

Another quick question, is the custom attachment field a Single Document or Multiple Document?

Regards
    Jimmy

• 8.  RE: Project Portlet - Exporting Attachment Information into Excel

Posted Nov 07, 2011 11:07 AM
    Hi Jimmy,

We are using 12.0.1.

I have tried the exporting for a single project and I was still unable to open the Excel file after downloading. XML code error.
    Same for minimizing the column list to three fields.

The attachment field is for single documents only.

We are planning on upgrading to 12.1.1 and according to CA On Demand Support, this is issue has been resolved.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
    Stephanie