Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

User defined lock-out message

• 1.  User defined lock-out message

Posted Oct 21, 2015 01:45 PM

Hi Clarity PPM-ers!

We need to lock out our user base for several days as we implement and test several changes in our production region. We can easily lock them out, however we would like to display a message reminding them that system is "off-line" while we implement the changes. Right now all we seem to be able to display is the standard message "Invalid login information. Your account will be locked". Our hope is to minimize the number of support tickets we might otherwise get during this period (and the standard message certainly won't help that!).

Do any of you utilize a system message? If so, how did you implement it? (this is not a true system outage, as a select group of users will be in the system making the changes. This is truly more of a lock-out).

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: User defined lock-out message
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 21, 2015 01:53 PM

Don't know about editing the error message, but you can set a message on the login screen that all users would see.  You need to edit the Theme css file, you're looking for the

#ppm_login_message_top span:before, #ppm_login_message_bottom span:before{
      content: "";
    }

section, add your message to the content attribute. I believe that would put the message on top and bottom so you may want to split out the two sections.

https://wiki.ca.com/display/CCPPMOD142/CA%20Clarity%20PPM%20Studio%20UI%20Themes

Edit: Also note, if you're using the default Theme, I believe you have to make a new one before it can be edited.

• 3.  Re: User defined lock-out message

Posted Jan 19, 2016 01:54 PM

Hi, just wondering....after update the content, is there anything I should do? I put "TEST" as a message content, and saved it. I check the login page, I did not see any text appear.

• 4.  Re: User defined lock-out message

Posted Jan 19, 2016 04:18 PM

Make sure it is selected as the default on the UI themes list, and if you are using an OOTB base theme you first have to make a new one and copy the CSS

• 5.  Re: User defined lock-out message

Posted Jan 22, 2016 10:34 AM

Yes, it is selected to default. And we are using custom theme. Am I missing anything?

• 6.  Re: User defined lock-out message

Posted Oct 21, 2015 02:36 PM

During large implementations, say a CA PPM upgrade, we redirect users to an 'under construction' webpage.

• 7.  Re: User defined lock-out message

Posted Oct 22, 2015 04:05 AM

I agree with both the above posts - I would either change the logon page to tell people not to log in and/or stop the normal APP service and replace with a static holding page (and start up a new APP service on a new port that only your "special" users have knowledge of).

However, if you really just want to change that login message (obviously an unsupported change);

The standard Clarity message is “CMN-01002: Enter a valid user name and password. Note that the password is case-sensitive.

This text is contained in the file “CLARITY_HOME\resource\messages_en.properties” – the message appears twice in that file , so change both!

• 8.  Re: User defined lock-out message

Posted Oct 22, 2015 08:52 AM

Thank you everyone for the suggestions! They were very helpful and we've tested the message we'll move forward with.

• 9.  Re: User defined lock-out message

Posted Oct 23, 2015 10:59 AM

I don't suppose there are any options for On Demand customers who can't access these files. 

• 10.  Re: User defined lock-out message

Posted Oct 26, 2015 12:10 PM

The UI theme option given as the correct answer for this thread could be applied to OnDemand environments also.

• 11.  Re: User defined lock-out message

Posted Dec 29, 2015 05:34 PM

Hi Kim, all. Your 'UAT Mode' use case has been documented as Use Case #3 in the idea Admin Tool Control Over Locked Account Message. Please vote this up if you believe it would provide value to your organization.