Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  What is the line limit and character limit for gel:expr tag

Posted Jan 20, 2016 05:17 AM

Hi Everyone, when we try to print our Xogout result or something we put that variable in <gel:expr select="$result" />
    when we see the result after we run the  process the gel:expr is not completely displaying the XOGOUT output .

Is there any character limit or line limit ? If yes then to what character range it will display the result.

My Xogout output has 1333lines but after running the process it just printed 48 lines.

Thanks all

• 2.  Re: What is the line limit and character limit for gel:expr tag

Posted Jan 20, 2016 05:43 AM

It probably isn't a expr limit, but if you are pushing the output to the <gel:log> then it is often truncated ; if you have a large amount of data to see, then you can write it to the filesystem using the serialize command;

<gel:serialize fileName="my_filesystem_filename.xml" var="${built_xml}"/>

• 3.  Re: What is the line limit and character limit for gel:expr tag

Posted Jan 20, 2016 05:48 AM

Hi David, Okay If I write it into serialize command <gel:serialize fileName="my_filesystem_filename.xml" var="${built_xml}"/> .

How can i get that file . Is there any possibility to get file?

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: What is the line limit and character limit for gel:expr tag

Posted Jan 20, 2016 05:53 AM

Hi David, I haven't used serialize yet , could you explain how Serialize works in Java and in Gel-script .
    Thanks.

• 5.  Re: What is the line limit and character limit for gel:expr tag

Posted Jan 20, 2016 05:57 AM

Without specifying a file path name, then the file is just written to where the GEL is running.

If you are running GEL from the command line, it will be in the local directory - if you are running the GEL in a process it will be in the BIN directory of the BG server under which your process has run (I think!).  But if you specify a path name then I guess you can write it to anywhere that the GEL process can reference (but take care, the process is running under the BG not your local machine - so if you put C: in the path it is the C drive of the BG server machine (etc)).