Clarity

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

• 1.  Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Mar 11, 2010 08:01 PM
      |   view attached
    Hi,  We are experiencing a problem of additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages.  Eg : Action Items is coming as   [en - Action%20Items] My Projects is coming *** [en - My%20Projects]  It seems the Language is alos getting appended en .  Could you please let us know if any one faced similar error or know the solution for this.  I am attaching a screen shot of error we are getting.

• 2.  Re: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Mar 11, 2010 08:40 PM
    Looks like a language setting or coding issue.Verify that the collation order/character set on the db is as specified, that the regional options as US English and the keyboard is US English on the app server. IF the problem persist try another encoding on the browser and antoher browser.  Martti K.

• 3.  Re: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Mar 11, 2010 11:25 PM
    Some of the system "labels" are configurable through Clarity (you see them all in the Studio functionas and on the translation tabs), some of the system labels are provided by "properties" files on the server*.  The errors in your JPG look like lables that come from the server properties files - I would suspect that there is something wrong with your app server configuration?  Check that the PATHs are set correctly on your app server?   Or that you have not accidentally moved a server directory to where the application doesn't expect it!    * e.g. in file " itl_view_XX.properties" etc (where XX is the langauge code - "EN" etc)     

• 4.  Re: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Mar 12, 2010 04:14 AM
    No solution here, but wanted to let you know that we've experienced that problem occasionally, and opened a case with Clarity (several months ago).   They've had us go through numerous tests, but we/they have yet to pinpoint the root cause.   The case is still open and the tech has been great about follow up, but no resolution.   The problem surfaces (or at least is noticed/reported) less than once a month, and a restart of the app clears the issue (not ideal by any means).    - Mark

• 5.  Re: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Mar 12, 2010 05:10 AM
    All non US English character set users might recognize that as the old thing you get when you send email from 7 bit ascii system to 8 bit extended ascii system.  Martti K.

• 6.  Re: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Mar 14, 2010 10:31 PM
    Hi Sreejith,                     Can you please check the following lines from your installation path. if you seen different compare with the following lines, Just taken a backup a source file, then changed. Just restart the application services, once chanaged and try it. Please check all things in your development server.         C:\niku\clarity\resource\ projmgr_view_en.properties (1 hits)
     Line 675: New+from+Template=New from Template
      C:\niku\clarity\resource\ rqrmnt_view_en.properties (2 hits)
     Line 28: New+From+Template=New From Template    ThanksSenthil

• 7.  Re: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Mar 15, 2010 08:28 AM
    Sreejith  We experienced a similar issue recently when trying to upgrade from 8.1.0 to 8.1.4.   Take a look here to see if the solution that CA eventually provided works for you.  http://caforums.ca.com/t5/CA-Clarity-General-Discussion/Garbled-text-in-UI-following-upgrade-from-8-1-0-02-to-8-1-4/td-p/13041

• 8.  Re: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Mar 19, 2010 07:48 AM
    Owen, we too have this same problem but it appeared out of no where and we're not sure what change caused it.   It appears on rare occasions and the only workaround we have is to restart the WebSphere/Clarity app service that has been impacted.  Your fix pertains to upgrades only so I'm not sure it will adress our issue.  We see the %20% type text errors on MANY different attributes.  

• 9.  RE: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Jul 29, 2010 03:36 AM
    Hello

Try restarting the apps or use the nikuadmin warmup command

Regards
    NJ

• 10.  RE: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Dec 03, 2012 05:13 AM
    Restart did not do it for us.

Owen's link is broken. Now it is the thread
    Garbled text in UI following upgrade from 8.1.0.02 to 8.1.4

and that is a little different: The additional/garbage characters are in the data not in the field labels/captions.

Martti K.

• 11.  RE: Additional Characters coming in Clarity Pages

Posted Dec 04, 2012 06:17 AM
    Just wondering again...

If I want a second opinion I usually Google.
    When you Google for %20% you get the results for 20 only, which is useles.

How do you search for %20% (that is %_20_%) in case it is interpreted as special characters here , too.

Martti K.