Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  HTML Tags on Actions dropdown menu - Export to Excel

Posted Apr 19, 2011 02:22 PM
    Please see the attached screenshot.

We just upgraded from Clarity v12.0.5 to v12.1. The Actions dropdown menu for standard views/portlets (i.e. Projects, Resources, etc.) is displaying HTML tags for the Export to Excel (Data Only) option. These tags did not and are not appearing in Test. I looked through other threads, and saw something about the (\\META-INF\union\vxsl\) foundation.xsl file, which I've also attached, but I'm not seeing any discrepancies. Any thoughts/recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    - Mark

Attachment(s)

txt
    foundation.txt   28 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: HTML Tags on Actions dropdown menu - Export to Excel

Posted Apr 19, 2011 05:09 PM
    That string does not appear in the foundation file.
    Try with another language to see if it is English only.
    Query cmn_captions_nls for the string to see if that comes from the database

Try another browser and browser version. (Which one are you using?)

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: HTML Tags on Actions dropdown menu - Export to Excel

Posted Apr 19, 2011 07:51 PM
    Hi,

Have you tried restarting the apps?
    Also, i think this entry is in the union_view_en.properties file
    Export+to+Excel+%28Data+Only%29=Export to Excel (Data Only)

was there any change made to this ?

Rgds,
    Akhil

• 4.  RE: HTML Tags on Actions dropdown menu - Export to Excel

Posted Apr 20, 2011 09:54 AM
    Thank you for the suggestions, here's where I'm at:

"Try with another language to see if it is English only." - I tried 2 other languages, and both had the same issue (displaying the tags)

"Query cmn_captions_nls for the string to see if that comes from the database" - I queried, filtering on 'en' & name or descr like '%excel%' and didn't retrieve any comprable results.

"Try another browser and browser version. (Which one are you using?)" - I usually use IE 6 (where I noticed this issue. I used Firefox 3.6.16 and had the same results.

"Have you tried restarting the apps?" - Yes, several times.

"Was there any change made to union_view_en.properties file" - None that I'm aware of. I'll take a closer look, but I don't know why a change would have been made to this file. I'll post an update if I find otherwise!

Thanks again for the suggestions!
    - Mark