Clarity

View Only
  • 1.  Lookup XOG tag for Complete

Posted May 30, 2013 04:03 PM
    Does anybody know if there is a tag for lookups that does a complete replacement? Similar to the complete=true tag in the OBS.
    any help would be appreciated

• 2.  RE: Lookup XOG tag for Complete

Posted May 30, 2013 04:12 PM
    Are you referring to the values of the static lookups?
    If they cannot be deleted in the GUI it would be a little confliction if you could that with XOG.
    In v.12.0 when the tags were not that common it was a pain if you made and error when writing the xml file and the only cure was to inactivate the values.

Martti K.

• 3.  RE: Lookup XOG tag for Complete

Posted May 31, 2013 11:28 AM
    HI Martti,
    what i'm looking for is the following. Lets say we are moving from dev to test. but in test, i have someone that accidentally created a static lookup value and nobody noticed it. so lookup A in Dev has 5 values, and Lookup A in test has 6 values.
    what i want is when i push lookup A from dev to Test, that test ends up with just the 5 values, and the 6th one be deleted automagically.

With Groups or OBS there is a complete = true flag for this which means takes whatever is there and replaces it with what you send.
    with lookups, the only way i have seen it work, is if i actually send the tag for the attribute i want to deactivate, but i can't send that since it does not exist in the source environment.

• 4.  RE: Lookup XOG tag for Complete

Posted May 31, 2013 11:37 AM
    That is exactly the same problem I had.
    I did not find a solution at the time.
    The thing was that being a member of a team I could not delete the lookup. If I had been working alone I would have known when and where that is used and could have deleted the lookup and then XOGed in on the correct values, but because there were other people working on that I could not.

Martti K.