DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  UIM-Spectrum Integration - Spectrum Alarm

Posted Jul 11, 2017 10:08 AM

Hi,

We are currently using UIM NAS for alarm notification and we have just implemented and integrated Spectrum. 

However, Spectrum Alarm is syncing with UIM EMS instead of NAS.

We are thinking using AlarmNotification in Spectrum to send trap into UIM but first we need to disable the Spectrum Alarm in EMS.

Is there a way to stop spectrumgtw probe from sending alarms to UIM EMS?

Thanks.

Best regards,

JS Tan

• 2.  Re: UIM-Spectrum Integration - Spectrum Alarm

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 11, 2017 10:08 PM

Hello JS Tan,

By default, the bidirectional alarm synchronization between CA Spectrum and CA UIM is enabled for all alarms.

However, you can choose unidirectional synchronization of alarms, for example, you can synchronize alarms only from CA Spectrum to CA UIM or exclusively from CA UIM to CA Spectrum.

You can specify the direction in which the alarms will be synchronized from the Synchronize Alarms drop-down list. If you opt for either unidirectional synchronization of alarms option, all alarms are synced based on the direction you choose from the drop-down list.

Refer to the documentation reference for the same.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-unified-infrastructure-management-probes/ga/en/alphabetical-probe-articles/spectrumgtw-spectrum-gateway/spectrumgtw-ac-configuration#spectrumgtwACConfiguration-FullSynchronizationMode

You can also view a short video for the same:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpxDVhIb_ws&feature=youtu.be

HTH

• 3.  Re: UIM-Spectrum Integration - Spectrum Alarm

Posted Oct 16, 2017 10:54 AM

Whether NAS is responsible to forward alarms to spectrum gateway probe?

• 4.  Re: UIM-Spectrum Integration - Spectrum Alarm

Posted Feb 08, 2018 06:36 AM

Good day

I am also looking at using Spectrum Alarm Notifier to send alarms to UIM NAS. I want the notifier to call the UIM nimalarm utility with parameters. Thus I will ensure it will end on UIM NAS and not EMS.

Has anybody done something like this?

Help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Jan