DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Refresh one click

Posted Nov 26, 2014 12:11 PM

Hi All,

There is any way to auto refresh the oneclick console for every 5 to 10 mins (Locator)..Eg : if i loaded all devices for a particular landscape i need the devices to updated frequently.Is it possible .Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Issaac

• 2.  Re: Refresh one click

Posted Nov 28, 2014 01:43 PM

Hi Issac,

This is what I understand , correct me if I'm wrong:

When ever changes are made with respect to the topology from other open consoles/from other OC clients/Admins , you would like to have the console which is open in your end (topology) should get refreshed up with the updated information on model in it:

Is this what you mean??

If yes, this is not possible as the view which appears on screen would appear static unless we switch to other views and come back to the existing view. This applies with respect to topology information/view.

Regards,

-Lakshmi.

• 3.  Re: Refresh one click

Posted Nov 29, 2014 04:32 AM

What is the purpose of that? Is that for reporting purpose? You might have to consider to use webservices to do such a thing? It's not something possible directly inside OneClick (or should be double-clicked manually or with an mouse automation program every 10 minutes) and should be proposed as an idea then!

• 4.  Re: Refresh one click

Posted Nov 29, 2014 09:35 AM

If we are having more than 500- 1000 devices with different roles like DB,Web servers..across the servers time sync must be same else there will be communication failure.

• 5.  Re: Refresh one click

Posted Dec 01, 2014 03:48 AM

Hi Issac,

from my experience, the OneClick console shows live updating information for all explorer contents.

In contrast to that, the locator does not automatically update a search result (something google doesn't either once a new website was opened somewhere around the world).

As far as I can understand your requirement, you should look for real-time updated global collections, which allow for alarm, list and topology views. However, you should try to use internal attributes for real-time GC-searches.