DX NetOps

View Only
  • 1.  Spectrum Reports

Posted Oct 20, 2014 10:46 AM

I need to be able to report on the connected interfaces on a Cisco 3760 stack.  I need to simply show whether the interfaces are up/down, etc.  I know that I can right click the switch in the explorer tab, go to Component Details, Interfaces Tab, and expand. But isn’t this information in a report somewhere within Spectrum?  Somewhere I can run a report and email the output?

• 2.  Re: Spectrum Reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 20, 2014 11:59 AM

Hi Opnet,

Unfortunately the ifOperStatus (0x10e40) attribute is not available in the SRM (Spectrum Report Manager).

The SNMP OID .1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2 (IF-MIB::ifOperStatus) is part of the standard SNMP interfaces MIB where you find the status of a interface (up/down).

But there are others attributes available in the SRM.

Check out the Appendix C: CA Spectrum Attributes Used by CA Spectrum Reporting

CA Spectrum® Report Manager Installation and Administration Guide Release 9.4

https://support.ca.com/cadocs/0/CA%20Spectrum%209%204%200-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/PDF/Spectrum_Report_Manager_Install_Admin_ENU.pdf

Thanks,

Silvio

• 3.  Re: Spectrum Reports

Posted Oct 21, 2014 03:08 AM

Take a look at the default reports in the Asset folder. You might find the Current Connections or one of the Ports reports in the Individual section useful in your case.