DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UMP Alarm Console filtering on User Tag

Posted Jan 13, 2014 10:33 PM

Good afternoon,

I am having difficulty with creating filtered Alarm Console views for a community and hoping I can find a resolution.

I have created a new page and added an Alarm Console. When all my alarms have popultated, I go to "Set Alarm Filter" and enter my criteria for User Tag 2 = 'DQR' then click "OK"

The Alarm Filter sub window shows Filter:smileyvery-happy:QR and as the only options are New... Edit... and Delete, I click the X in the top right corner.

At this point, all alarms are from the DQR servers as expected. If I leave this page however, the filter is lost. So I follow the same steps as before but this time, I click on Filter Management And give this filter the name DQR. Now, when I leave the page and come back, I only see alerts from DQR servers.

I create another page and follow the steps above but this page, I want alerts from User Tag 2 = DQV servers. At this point, any changes I make reflect on both pages. If I make one load the DQR filter, the other does also. If I change the DQV page to load DQV alerts, the DQR page changes as well.

Is it possible to have 2 or 3 alarm console pages with different default filters?

Gordon

• 2.  Re: UMP Alarm Console filtering on User Tag

Posted Jan 13, 2014 10:55 PM

Hi,

I don't think you can have alarm console open with certain filter selected, but I could be wrong. Most likely this is just coming from your browser cache.

Standalone alarm console portlet does take arguments though, so you probably could play around with links and create this kind of view, maybe with web page portlet. What you can't do with parameters is point it to a named filter: you'll have to define the filter in the url yourself. Usertag property is most likely available there.

-jon

• 3.  Re: UMP Alarm Console filtering on User Tag

Posted Jan 13, 2014 11:53 PM

Jon,

Thank you, I will play around with it and see what I can figure out.

Gordon

• 4.  Re: UMP Alarm Console filtering on User Tag

Posted Jan 14, 2014 09:31 AM

Heh, actually I've had a case asking for standalone alarm console's parameters as I couldn't find them documented, and was wondering if I could pass filter name as paramater. This is what I got from support (this was 6.0, but likely still the same):

"You may use the following variables directly in the standalone.jsp URL for alarms: 
    host, 
    msg, 
    subsys, 
    subsysId, 
    source, 
    probe, 
    robot, 
    hub, 
    domain, 
    nas, 
    origin, 
    tag1, 
    tag2, 
    custom1, 
    custom2, 
    custom3, 
    custom4, 
    custom5, 
    assignedBy, 
    assignedTo, 
    severityOp, 
    severity 

So basically you could enter a URL like this: 
    http://<ump robot>/alarmconsole/jsp/standalone.jsp?user=<user ID>&password=<password>&host=myhost1&probe=celerra"

-jon

• 5.  Re: UMP Alarm Console filtering on User Tag

Posted Jan 15, 2014 11:16 AM

Yep,

this is actually checked from support that alarm filtering is supporting only one setting per session. So, if you set up a filter in one alarm portlet and then open another alarm portlet, the same filter applies there. Only the standalone could be the way to go around this. Might be that official answer is "use USM".

I created an idea about alarm portlet to support multiple instances like list viewer portlet etc. https://na4.salesforce.com/ideas/viewIdea.apexp?id=08760000000Cirs

Teppo