DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Microsoft SQL Server Cluster in Active - Active mode support with Nimsoft 5.0 !

Posted Mar 14, 2011 09:24 AM

Hi,

We are planning for Microsoft SQL Server Cluster in Active - Active mode with Nimsoft 5.0 installation on Microsoft Windows 2008 Server. Please let me know whether it's supported or not.

Also if I can get the guide / document to configure Nimsoft installation with either Active - Active or Active - Passive (if active -active is not supported) accordingly, it will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 2.  Re: Microsoft SQL Server Cluster in Active - Active mode support with Nimsoft 5.0 !

Posted Mar 14, 2011 03:35 PM

Nimsoft currently only supports Active/Passive clusters, for details on the installation process you can reference the "Installation Guide", this should be installed on your Nimsoft Server by default, however you can also access that here or download the PDF directly from:http://support.nimsoft.com/downloads/server50/Nimsoft%20Server%20Installation%20and%20User%20Guide.pdf

Dustin

• 3.  Re: Microsoft SQL Server Cluster in Active - Active mode support with Nimsoft 5.0 !

Posted Mar 14, 2011 04:20 PM

Hi Dustin,

We are looking for Microsoft SQL Server Cluster here which is installed on top of Microsoft Cluster. I had a quick look at the section in the pdf and found that it refers to only OS clustering and not database clustering.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Regards,

Amit Saxena

• 4.  Re: Microsoft SQL Server Cluster in Active - Active mode support with Nimsoft 5.0 !

Posted Mar 14, 2011 05:34 PM

I completely looked over the SQL portion of your post! :smileysurprised:

I actually don't have anything here regarding install for SQL Cluster...

Dustin