DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  UMP - Alarm Console (Transaction History & User Tags)

Posted Dec 29, 2010 11:25 PM

I'm seeing two issues with the Alarm Console that I want to see if everyone has the same problems or if this is just a bug in my implementation / browser.

1: When viewing alarms in the UMP Alarm Console, I'm offered the ability to see the 'Transaction History'. But when I click to view, it just brings up the Transaction History window (with the correct alarm ID at the top) with no items listed at all. Just a blank window with the 'Severity / Host / Message / Time / Subsystem' headers.

2: When viewing alarms in the UMP Alarm Console, the user tag fields appear to ONLY populate when the very first alarm in the transaction history has said user tag. If post-processing script adds a user tag, these don't seem to be displayed in the UMP Alarm Console. It of course does show up in Infrastructure Manager & Alarm Sub-Console.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thanks,

Dustin

• 2.  Re: UMP - Alarm Console (Transaction History & User Tags)

Posted Jan 06, 2011 08:49 PM
    Guessing this is not happening for anyone else?

• 3.  Re: UMP - Alarm Console (Transaction History & User Tags)

Posted Jan 06, 2011 10:57 PM

On alarms where I can get transaction history ours works fine.  Going to check usertags now.

• 4.  Re: UMP - Alarm Console (Transaction History & User Tags)

Posted Jan 06, 2011 11:02 PM

all our alarms look accurate but most get user_tags set at the hub/robot but some alarms where I change subsystemid and or other info is showing up correctly.  Even there transaction history shows correctly when changes are made.

• 5.  Re: UMP - Alarm Console (Transaction History & User Tags)

Posted Jan 10, 2011 04:41 PM

Hi Dustin, 

I've checked my AlarmConsole, and I am seeing post-processed User_tag information in UMP.  What version of UMP, NAS, and NMS are you running?  (I am on 1.51, 3.52, and 5.0 respectively)

Additionally, the Transaction History is dependant on your NimsoftSLM database performance.  I have seen database slow-down cause no data in my transaction history previously.  Have you checked with your DBA on the health of the Database?

Best  Regards,

Ryan

• 6.  Re: UMP - Alarm Console (Transaction History & User Tags)

Posted Jan 10, 2011 05:54 PM

We are on UMP 2.0 nas 3.52 and nms 5.0.  You may want to try upgrade to UMP 2.0 we've been running it for a while with no issue does provide some extra flexiblity like allowing account contacts to change there own password. without needing to be a account admin.

• 7.  Re: UMP - Alarm Console (Transaction History & User Tags)

Posted Feb 02, 2011 12:21 AM
    We had this same issue. We put in a ticket and it was resolved, I dont recall what fixed it but it works now.