DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
  • 1.  Is it possible to modify Performance Reports appearance?

Posted Mar 26, 2012 08:51 PM

I would like to change the appearance of Performance Reports, such as adding gridlines to the graphs. Does anyone know if this is possible? 

Thanks

• 2.  Re: Is it possible to modify Performance Reports appearance?

Posted May 23, 2012 01:35 AM

Not to high jack this thread, but maybe to bump it up and ask an additional question.  I can't seem to find much info on how to change the charts to show the raw data based on the samples that are actually recorded.  For example, a perf report that's over 1 month plots its points as an average over say, 1 hour when the actual QoS data was sampled every 5 minutes.  As a result, it's a bit misleading when you see these reports showing some number that's half of the actual value.  Is it possible to change that too?

• 3.  Re: Is it possible to modify Performance Reports appearance?

Posted May 23, 2012 03:26 PM

I'm not 100% sure if this is the information you are looking for, but one of the URL options for the performance reports is to specify "rawData=true" to have it spit out the data used, rather than the actual graph.  You can see some of the other options for the URL formatting here:

http://docs.nimsoft.com/prodhelp/UMP/2.6/en_US/1736641.html

As to the original question, if you are in the Performance Report designer you can modify the formatting slightly by opening the "Server Performance" report under the "USM Dynamic Report Templates" folder in the reports tree.  I would however make a backup of this prior to making changes.

Thanks,

Dave

• 4.  Re: Is it possible to modify Performance Reports appearance?

Posted May 23, 2012 08:00 PM

Hmm. Couldn't quite get that to work.   Wasn't clear where to put the bit about raw data in the url...  

http://seavvnimump1:8081/qoschart/jsp/standalone.jsp?user=username&password=password&name=Custom%20Perf%20Reports/SQL%20Servers/Seavvsmsql1%20cdm%20stats#

Also seemed like all it was going to do was return the raw data in csv format rather than a graph.

• 5.  Re: Is it possible to modify Performance Reports appearance?

Posted May 23, 2012 08:08 PM

I believe that only works when you are using the URL to build the graphs/charts, rather than using the saved report.  For example: 

def=
    {'time':'-1hour','rows':[
      {'charts':[
        {'parms':"...", 'series':[
          {'sqt':'myserver|QOS_CPU_USAGE|Total','scale':'1','color':'8000','style':'line'},
          {'sqt':'myserver|QOS_CPU_USAGE|User','scale':'1','color':'800000','style':'line'}
        ]},
          {'sqt':'myserver|QOS_CPU_USAGE|Total','scale':'1','color':'8000','style':'line'},
          {'sqt':'myserver|QOS_CPU_USAGE|User','scale':'1','color':'800000','style':'line'}
        ]}
      ]},
      {'charts':[
        ]},
        ]}
      ]}
    ]}