DX Unified Infrastructure Management

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

**NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

• 1.  **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2013 03:54 PM

NFA 9.1.3 is now available on Support.ca.com from the Download Center.

Search for "Network Flow Analysis" on the Donwload Center page and choose 9.1 and SP3.

New Features include:
    -Support for using NFA as an NPC data source in NPC 6.1.194

-Support for Windows 2003

-Reintroduction of Flow Cloner on the Harvester(Installed separately)

-Reintroduction of Anomaly Detector (With NPC Only)

The full Release Notes are Published here:
    https://support.ca.com/cadocs/1/CA%20Network%20Flow%20Analysis%209%201%203-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/PDF/NFA_Release_Notes_en_US.pdf

• 2.  RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2013 04:15 PM
    Before upgrading from any version, please be sure to review the NFA 9.1.3 upgrade guide in full as well as back up all or your databases before starting the upgrade process.

The direct link to the NFA 9.1.3 upgrade guide is below:
    https://support.ca.com/cadocs/1/CA%20Network%20Flow%20Analysis%209%201%203-ENU/Bookshelf_Files/PDF/NFA_Upgrade_Guide_en_US.pdf

The first few pages have some very details flow charts to guide you through your various upgrade scenarios.

• 3.  RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Posted Aug 28, 2013 06:14 PM
    Page 11 misspelling. Performance not Perfromance.

• 4.  RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Posted Aug 28, 2013 06:19 PM
    Page 35, there's more to completely disabling IPv6. The first part isn't necessary since going to every NIC and unchecking IPv6 accomplishes the same thing. However, the second part will actually remove the virtual interfaces accompanying every physical interface.

• 5.  RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Posted Aug 28, 2013 06:21 PM
    Does the workflow really need two sections for 'Community name configured' and 'SNMP configured'? Is there something I'm missing? I went looking for a windows technology called "Community name" when I saw that in the workflow (then i realized it means community string, which to me is part of configuring SNMP).

• 6.  RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Posted Aug 28, 2013 06:23 PM
    This script does most of the prep work required for 2k8. Even downloads flash and java. Instructions.

Sorry for the flood, i've been waiting for this release for 1? 2? years?

• 7.  RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2013 09:30 AM
    The java download part of this script looks like it downloads Java 1.7, the Installation/Upgrade guides suggest using Java Runtime Engine (JRE) 1.6u41 as this is what the product was Developed based on and QA'd with.

The correct version of Java is already included with all of the installation files when you download the NFA software from Support.ca.com.
    From what I understand this version of Java was used to maintain compatibility with Windows 2003 for this release.

While Java 1.7.x may work for most things the results may not be predictable, so we would recommend using the version of Java included with all of the NFA installation files.

Stuart_Weenig wrote:

This script does most of the prep work required for 2k8. Even downloads flash and java. Instructions.

Sorry for the flood, i've been waiting for this release for 1? 2? years?

• 8.  RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Posted Aug 29, 2013 10:05 AM
    Yep, since this script is for 2008 only, if 1.6 was retained for 2003, this shouldn't be a problem. I also chose to use 1.7 because of security concerns with older versions of java. Plus the script only downloads java, it doesn't run the installer. The script actually prompts before performing each action, if you wanted to skip an action (to do it manually or because it's already done) that's easily done at run time.

• 9.  RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Posted Aug 30, 2013 03:12 AM
    Doesnt it support 2008 R2?

• 10.  RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 30, 2013 09:12 AM
    Yes it supports both Windows 2003 and Windows 2008 R2 the java version was kept at 1.6.x to maintain compatibility for all supported platforms.

• 11.  RE: [Tech Tips] RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2013 09:15 AM
    The worklflow diagrams are meant to be a quick check list/overview for the upgrade, the full instructions for prepping your server are laid out later in the documentation.
    The full instructions should be followed especially the first time doing the upgrade, using these diagrams as a check to make sure everything was done.

From: CA Infrastructure Management Global User Community (eHealth/Spectrum/NetQoS) [mailto:CommunityAdmin@communities-mail.ca.com]
    Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:21 PM
    To: mb.100051015.101670177@myca-email.ca.com
    Subject: [Tech Tips] RE: **NFA 9.1.3 Now Publicly Available**

Does the workflow really need two sections for 'Community name configured' and 'SNMP configured'? Is there something I'm missing? I went looking for a windows technology called "Community name" when I saw that in the workflow (then i realized it means community string, which to me is part of configuring SNMP).
    Posted by:Stuart_Weenig
    --
    CA Communities Message Boards
    mb.100051015.101670177@myca-email.ca.com<mailto:mb.100051015.101670177@myca-email.ca.com>
    https://communities.ca.com