The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Community Slow Downs and Time Outs

Community Manager
    Posted Mar 02, 2020 09:05 PM
    All,

We are coming off a massive migration of content and users to the Broadcom Community.   In doing so starting Friday, Feb 28th we started server processes, configurations and permission changes, and indexing.   At the peak of migration on Sunday, March 1st, we went live pushing live traffic and any old Symantec Connect URLS in Google as redirects to the Community adding an additional load that will continue from here on out.

The indexing adds a strain on the servers when combined with traffic causes pages to respond slowly causing time outs.  The intent was to index at night in the U.S. but as a negative side effect affected our Community Members around the world in other time zones   

Future State:  In case of migrations, we do not have a choice but to index at night but in the future, unless there is an emergency we will only index on Fridays starting during a late-night EST window.   My choice would be between 11:00 pm and 3:00 am.

Again, we are still stabilizing with the site response times improved over what we were seeing early this morning.   I anticipate we will not be completely clear to later this week so if you see a slow down - please direct message me.  @Jason McClellan  I have been and will continue to monitor site traffic and response times closely with the vendor.

Thank you for your patience.​

------------------------------
    Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT

• 2.  RE: Community Slow Downs and Time Outs

Posted Mar 06, 2020 03:59 AM
    Edited by ins007 Mar 06, 2020 04:09 AM
    Hi,

I'm coming from Symantec Connect, saw few missing link (not so sure):

Blogs - There's no Symantec Enterprise
    Events - There's no Symantec Enteprise

Previously at Symantec there's Ideas subforum as well for Product Enhancement/Ideas....this seems not exist in Broadcom

^Nvm saw the name is Ideation lol

• 3.  RE: Community Slow Downs and Time Outs

Community Manager
    Posted Mar 13, 2020 12:11 AM
    @Ins007  Symantec Blogs have moved to https://blog.security.com/ and Events have not yet been loaded by the Symantec Community teams.  We are 12 days post migration and still have a few days left of stabilization.                     ​

Thank you
    Jason
    Community Platform Owner, IT