The Water Cooler

View Only
  • 1.  Forum Avatars

Posted Nov 22, 2013 07:19 AM

Hello People,

I am wondering if anyone else is having a &$&%$$#@#@&^% of a time changing their avatars? I seem to be only able to select the dull and dreary gray image. I have attempted using Chrome and I.E.

Also, how long for images to be reviewed? I have uploaded a gif animation in my public album (reference to the character Archer from the animation series Archer) as I feel it encapsulates (in an exaggerated jokingly manner) those days that you are stuck debugging some obscure trouble.

cheers,

#TheWaterCooler

• 2.  Re: Forum Avatars

Posted Nov 22, 2013 09:51 AM

To be honest I got mine from the old platform and it was just migrated to this one.

I can find the avatar tab in my settings but I only displays the grey one.

My actual avatar it displayed as a link to my profile.

However my posts do include the correct image??

I wouldn't know how the change the avatar now....

#TheWaterCooler

• 3.  Re: Forum Avatars

Posted Nov 28, 2013 05:31 AM

Its is almos like Brocade created this community site but then shoved no effort afterwards.If it were me I would have a social media team taht would occasionaly browse these topics. ... and probably leverage the "pre-sales" reps to comb through some of the topics and offer opinions and solutions.

But hey.. that's me :D

Well if I ever figure out how to change the avatars, I'll post a reply.

Thank you kindly for your feedback.

#TheWaterCooler

• 4.  Re: Forum Avatars

Posted Nov 28, 2013 07:59 AM

Yeah I know the community is rough around the edges.

AFAIK the timing to switch and the timeline provided was not ideal.

So basically you have new platform without much customizations and not all content has been migrated.

This is what we have now, phase1.

One of the issues which indeed need resolving is the image upload function.

Images in threads for instance are only visible for the uploader, this had something to do with righ assignments as Mike or Bill  pointed out in a different thread. Perhaps the same applies to images in your profile...?

Somewhere in December phase 2 will start, migrating the remainder of the content and customizing.

For more details you need to wait until one of the community admins responds.

That said, cut the admins some slack, for sure they are working hard to get t grasps on the new platform which was given to them and returning the content as it once was.

#TheWaterCooler

• 5.  Re: Forum Avatars

Posted Nov 29, 2013 08:24 AM

Oh for sure! Acquisition, product lines, community site migration, etc...- there's alot of moving parts and many cycles to complete everything. I figure posting to the feedback thread "might" actually help.

I didn't even know about the inline picture thing! that's definitely a feature I hope gets addressed.

Today I noticed some users had their face pic online....  I tried modifying my avatar again myself and same result :(

#feedback
    #avatar
    #TheWaterCooler