DX Application Performance Management

Writing JavaScript calculators for CA APM

By Haruhiko Davis posted 01-29-2015 05:10 PM

  

While working with a customer recently, we ran into an issue attempting to match string types.

This has never been an issue before and I had used logic I had written previously for other calculators.

 

After many hours of frustration and testing, I requested assistance from CSO (thanks SO much to KulbirNijjer for the assist!).

 

It was determined that implicit casting of the data stored in my arrays was causing the code to fail a comparison operation.

We're not quite sure if this is a bug, so this issue is being taken to our engineering folks for follow up.

By using explicit casting of the datatype before it began the comparison, it corrected the issue and all was well again with the world.

 

One other result of this exercise was that I simplified my code and made it easier to debug.

Which means now I get to rewrite a number of the calculators I've posted previously.

I'm sure you'll all agree that this will make for easier reading and support.

 

Thanks again for reading my post! Make sure to like/favorite/bookmark this if it was helpful to you!

 

Happy coding!

 

-Hiko

0 comments
1 view