[This post is an updated "reprint" of the official communication sent to all customer contacts of record via e-mail.]
UPDATED! December 3, 2020
To: Clarity Customers
From: The Clarity Product Team
Subject: New Customer Innovation Process for Clarity
On behalf of Broadcom, we appreciate your business and the opportunity to provide you with high-quality, innovative software and services. As part of our ongoing commitment to customer success, we regularly solicit customer feedback and ideas to inform our development process. Today, we are pleased to invite your organization to participate in the Clarity Innovation process. This process has been introduced to address suggestions we have received regarding the prior process of handling of ideas via the old CA Communities idea site.
A summary of the Clarity innovation process:
· The idea site can be found at https://clarity.brightidea.com. Access to this site is only available to official voting representatives (more on that below).
· Voting on the new site works differently. Each voting representative gets a limited number of votes to distribute in the various idea groups. This is intended to help us prioritize.
· Representatives are welcome to submit new ideas. To make them available for voting, however, they (or a proxy) must pitch them on the monthly call, which is held on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 11:05a ET.
· Submitted ideas will be sized into two separate queues: Quick Wins and Roadmap. Quick Win ideas will be eligible for a vote that occurs during the monthly call to have the idea accepted for development in the next quarter. Roadmap ideas are larger ideas that will require prioritization as part of our long term roadmap. Voters have 100 votes available in that queue to demonstrate which items reflect their current priorities. Voting in the roadmap queue remains open throughout the development quarter.
· Ideas that do not maintain a minimum number of votes will be archived from the site once per quarter. This allows us to maintain focus on those ideas that have attracted a reasonable consensus of support from across our customer community.
As of this writing, each customer organization is limited to one voting representative per Clarity production instance. Representatives will be asked to participate in the process as described below. To nominate your organization's representative, please provide their name and e-mail address to email@example.com.
Customer voting representatives will be asked for the following time and effort:
· ~90 minutes each month (on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 11:05a ET) for a review call that provides Clarity product management updates, gives an opportunity to pitch new ideas for inclusion in the product, and highlights ideas that have been selected for further analysis. (If the representative is unable to attend a particular call, they are welcome to send a proxy in their place.)
· A modest amount of additional time reviewing the ideas on our idea site (powered by Brightidea) and deciding where to cast your organization's votes.
Once we receive the official designation of your company representative, we will provide them with more details related to their participation – including a Welcome Guide with answers to many frequently asked questions.
[Note for Clarity Partners: Partners are not eligible to participate directly in this process unless they also qualify as a customer operating a paid Clarity production instance licensed for more than 50 users. We request that Clarity partners encourage our mutual customers take full advantage of the new process by nominating their voting representative and pitching ideas that they believe will add value.]
Please direct any questions you may have about the innovation process to Clarity Product Management at firstname.lastname@example.org. [Note that only messages related to the Clarity innovation process or other Product Management programs are handled at this e-mail address. Please continue to use your usual Support or Account-related channels for all other Clarity inquiries or concerns.]
Your success is very important to us, and we look forward to continuing our successful partnership with you. Thank you again for your business.