File Share Encryption

View Only
  • 1.  PGP Single Sign On not working on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Posted Jun 22, 2011 06:02 PM

Hi,

I am working on troubleshooting PGP Desktop 10.0.2 build 13 Single Sign On with Windows 7 Enterprise. 

The issue:

After disk encryption, I change the PGPWDE01 file to add authenticated users with modify permissions, I verify hardware order has PGPpwflt in top priority and I reboot.  I enter password at BootGuard and SSO works one(1) time.  I reboot.  Password is accepted at BootGuard but stops at Windows authentication every time after. 

System is a Dell Latitude D630.  Windows 7 Enterprise edition 32-bit with SP1.   Intel Core 2 Duo T7100 @ 1.80 GHz.  2.00 GB RAM.  60 GB Hard Disk.  All necessary windows updates have been installed.  Wireless NIC is broadcom - Not Intel Proset

We are not using any GPO's to prohibit this.  The majority of our systems are on XP and we have zero issues with SSO on that platform.  Why does this feature not work with Windows 7?  Please help.  Thanks.

• 2.  RE: PGP Single Sign On not working on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Posted Jun 28, 2011 01:51 PM

The only difference is it's sporadic, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  We run WinXP and Win 7 primarily using PGP 9.12 WDE + Universal server.  We have had the SSO problem with both operating systems but seems to be happening more often on Win7.  We have had several cases open with Symantec (and currently have another one open) with no resoluition is sight.  We have followed every KB article (Permissions on PGPWDE01, Providor order, GPO for "wait for network") that Symantec has posted and technicians have recomended.  We have also run several flavors of version 10 without resolving the issue.

The last thing that was recomended was to:

• Add a bogus user to the disk.
    • Delete the SSO user, and then add them back.
    • Finally you delete the bogus account and reboot.

I'm not sure what kind of a resoluition this is, but it did not work.  Even if it did, I'm not sure that I alone would be able to preform these steps on 8k+ computers.

• 3.  RE: PGP Single Sign On not working on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Posted Sep 29, 2011 11:42 AM

We've discovered that removing the Altiris 7.0 agent allows for full SSO with PGP and Win7.  We will be upgrading to Altiris 7.1 soon but I've not had any time to test PGP SSO with this and will post an update as soon as possible.

For now - because removing Altiris from production machines is not an option - our users have to deal with the intermittent SSO works/SSO does not work.  It's not a show-stopper.

• 4.  RE: PGP Single Sign On not working on Windows 7 Enterprise SP1

Posted Jan 13, 2012 09:10 AM

I'm experiencing the same problem.  I have posted a forum discussion on this topic recently.  I've received potential solutions, such as those mentioned above, and none of them have worked.  I noticed that this particular discussion is several months old, so I was wondering if any of you have come up with a solution.  It doesn't appear so from what I've NOT been able to find.