Endpoint Protection

View Only
  • 1.  Symantec Endpoint Protection cannot open because some Symantec services are stopped. Restart the Symantec services, and then open Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Posted Apr 30, 2017 01:13 AM

I did a system restore on my computer. But the app error :
    "Symantec Endpoint Protection cannot open because some Symantec services are stopped. Restart the Symantec services, and then open Symantec Endpoint Protection. "
    So what can I do ?
    Thank you.

• 2.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection cannot open because some Symantec services are stopped. Restart the Symantec services, and then open Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Posted May 01, 2017 08:12 PM

Try running a repair on it via add/remove programs.

Also, have you rebooted? It may be easier to uninstall/reinstall due to the system restore,

• 3.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection cannot open because some Symantec services are stopped. Restart the Symantec services, and then open Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Posted May 06, 2017 12:16 PM

New error:

Error opening upload log file. 
    Make sure the specified log file location exists and is writable.

I found this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/tr-tr/help/2564571/-error-opening-installation-log-file.-verify-that-the-specified-location-exists-and-is-writable.-error-when-attempting-to-uninstall-an-application

but ı did not understand.

• 4.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection cannot open because some Symantec services are stopped. Restart the Symantec services, and then open Symantec Endpoint Protection.
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2017 08:12 AM

Hi,

Its a operating system related issue as discribed in the microsoft kb -

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2564571/-error-opening-installation-log-file.-verify-that-the-specified-location-exists-and-is-writable.-error-when-attempting-to-uninstall-an-application

work around this issue given is to stop and restart the Explorer.exe

kill the explorer.exe process from task manager and then in the task manager click on file>new task

Type explorer.exe and hit enter.

then try repairing the client again.

If this also dont work run cleanwipe and reinstall the SEP client.

• 5.  RE: Symantec Endpoint Protection cannot open because some Symantec services are stopped. Restart the Symantec services, and then open Symantec Endpoint Protection.

Posted May 13, 2017 04:14 AM
      |   view attached

I read and did link.

But ı didn't found file.

There are too many files.

So which one