Ghost Solution Suite

View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

• 1.  Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jan 01, 2008 09:13 PM
    I am running  the Ghost Server on a Win2k3 server and the client is a HP WinXP box. Well the client has an onboard nic that is an Nvidia Nforce. Well I am getting the error of "to virtual partition" and the client just does a reboot. I have found that the server does not have a template for this nic. The mother board is an A8M2N-LA (NodusM3) from ASUS. Is there another template that can be used in its place?

Message Edited by lookin4help on 01-01-2008 06:13 PM

• 2.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jan 07, 2008 12:31 AM
    Hi,

I don't think there are other compatible dirvers. Have you tried downloading a DOS driver for NVIDIA?

Krish

Message Edited by Krish Jayaratne on 01-07-2008 05:35 PM

• 3.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jan 07, 2008 01:19 PM
    If you are using GSS 2.0, try use the "Universal Packet Driver v2.0 [irqcfg]".  It worked for my Dell Inspiron 531 with onboard NIC intergated in nForce4 430 chipset.  Good luck.

• 4.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jul 18, 2008 01:43 AM

Krish,

I am having this issue still with my NVIDIA Drivers. I have20  ECS NF650iSLIT-A (V1.0) Core 2 Quad Socket 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI Chipset 1333FSB DDR2-800 PCI.e Motherboars. I have found that I am having this same issue with every PE environment I have tried as well. The only thing I can figure is that it requires the chipset drivers to be loaded before the NIC drivers can be loaded. I have the drivers for the chipset but I can not figure out how to load them with the NIC drivers. can you please help me with this?

• 5.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jul 18, 2008 03:03 AM
    Hi,

Do you try to load the drivers to WinPE?

Krish

• 6.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jul 18, 2008 12:05 PM
    I have not been able to find a good set of instructions or a builder for WinPE everyone pretty much points me to BartPE. do you have a good link to a builder or anything?

• 7.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jul 18, 2008 04:45 PM

You dont need any instructions :) If you are using GSS 2.5 it comes with own Winpe builder, driver editor and extensible driver library - Ghost boot wizard.

Hope this helps.

• 8.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jul 19, 2008 07:29 PM
    ok this seems to work ok however I can not seem to add the other apps that I need in my PE (ie.. locksmith) and i can not seem to do anything from this winpe version other then ghost. I really need the funtionality of BartPE with the capability of using these drivers and ghost along with the other utilities that I need. I tried to edit the .wim file. that did not work (I broke it..... several times.....)

• 9.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jul 20, 2008 02:32 AM
    Hi,

Do you use these clients from Console or use them manually with a boot media? If they do not use Console, how do you boot the machines?

Krish

• 10.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jul 20, 2008 04:48 PM

This is no concept of "app" in GBW but there are additional files you can add to your image and put them in to any folder you like.

And NO, please dont use any WAIK or other tools on WIM files supplied with GSS. We craft those WIMs such that we can inject drivers and files numerous times. We can guide you as to how to fix them but in general if you use any 3rd party tools and broke GSS files you'll be on your own :( Files are bootable (as you probably know from any media that we support and you tried on) but they are of a slightly more complicated structure than your regular simple WIM.

Hope this helps. 

• 11.  RE: Ghost 8.0 and NVIDIA nForce template

Posted Jul 20, 2008 06:30 PM
    Thank you both for your help with this. I guess I will continue to use BartPE for my more robust needs (I have not been able to get the NIC drivers to work with these systems in BartPE). I do use the console for most of my Ghosting however until 2.5 I have not been able to use console on the systems that have the Motherboards mentioned in earlier posts. the WINPE addition in 2.5 is great. I also have several Linux systems but I have not been able to find a ghost client module for them. I use UBUNTU 32 and 64bit.