Data Loss Prevention

View Only
  • 1.  DLP Endpoint Agent Installation Script Query

Posted Dec 10, 2013 06:34 AM

Hello Friends,

I have the following query on Symantec DLP Endpoint Agent installation through SCCM:

How can I put three detection server IPs in one single script for installation through SCCM?

I am using the following script for installation

msiexec.exe /q ALLUSERS=2 /m MSIDQJJI /i "DLP_AgentInstall.msi"INSTALLDIR="C:\Program Files\Manufacturer\Endpoint Agent\" ENDPOINTSERVER="10.128.30.96" KEY="" UNINSTALLPASSWORDKEY="" SERVICENAME="EDPA" WATCHDOGNAME="WDP" ARPSYSTEMCOMPONENT="1"

How can I add 2 more IPs, 10.128.30.85 & 10.128.30.90 in the above script?

Please suggest some appropriate solution.

Regards

• 2.  RE: DLP Endpoint Agent Installation Script Query

Posted Dec 10, 2013 09:07 AM

Article ID: 50600

How can I specify more than one Endpoint Server for the Endpoint Agent to connect?

Applies To

• Vontu DLP Endpoint Discover DLP Endpoint Discover
    • Vontu DLP Endpoint Prevent DLP Endpoint Prevent

Problem Summary

I need my agents to have a primary and a backup Endpoint Server.  How can I specify the two servers?

Solution

Two servers may be listed in the ENDPOINTSERVER value when calling the AgentInstall.msi  These must be separated by a ;. 

Per the Admin Guide:

ENDPOINTSERVER Specifies the host name or IP address of one or more Endpoint Servers, separated by semicolons. An optional port number can follow each host name or IP address. If no port number is specified, the default port number is used. The default number is 8000.

For example:

Within the Install_Agent.bat file: ENDPOINTSERVER="epserver.company.com;10.67.20.36:8002"

You can also use the AgentInstall.msi manually, and for the Endpoint server fields, you can specify more than one endpoint server in the server field by using semicolons to separate the endpoint server host names

NOTE: If you do not use the correct separator, you will receive an error in the edpa_ext0.log file that will be something like the below if you use a comma vs a semicolon " ; "

DisconnectedTask | No IP addresses for: epserver.company.com,10.67.20.36:8002

• 3.  RE: DLP Endpoint Agent Installation Script Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 10, 2013 09:18 AM

Multiple endpoint servers are addressed in the admin guide on page 1374. You can have as many backup servers as you want as long as they are seperated by a semicolon. Quoting from the admin guide...

Multiple Endpoint Servers can be entered by separating each server with a semicolon.An optional port number can follow each host name or IP address. If no port number is specified, the default port number 8000 is used.

For example:   ENDPOINTSERVER="epserver.company.com;10.67.20.36:8002"